Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
65 0 -65 vdc running...

Hi there...

Hi Uncle Carlos, i`m sorry because its long time i`m not log in here because i`ve problem with my broadband at my place, somebody steal telecom cable :bawling: here and they cut about 200-300 meters long, damn... it will take time for the telecom company to connect it back.

Now i`m log in using handphone and 10x slow then before. Its hard sometimes to load website and sometimes timeout....

btw i`ve finish my new Dx Amp and its running 65 0 -65 vdc at 15amp on each rails. with 60,000 uf caps and nothing burn except it plays all day long, i`ve test with 4 pcs 15 inch studio speaker and it push the speaker out the limit LOL :bigeyes: . I`ve put 6 pair power transistor and total 12 pair for stereo and what a damp hard power amp i have now, quality is excellent CLEAR sound, deep bass and supersonic, very very simple board and easy to parallel for the power transistor and i`m happy with this build.

3 days a go i`m bring this amp at my friends shop, he do sell amp, speaker, audio and video system, hehehehe, and hes shock when this amp when i drive it at 3/4 volume and make hes shop lamp blinking and it will blink more if the bass is long :smash: .

LOL i never have experience with this before but the amp running well nothing is explode but my friend shop looks like to be explode lol. I`m playing with many music type, rock, pop jazz dance, chinese songs and etc, and this amp takes everything lol.

Thanks to Uncle Dx for guide me with nice and smooth way. I`ll remember it in my life.

output transistor is npn 2sc3281 / pnp 2sa1302
second driver is pnp fjpf 1943 and fjpf 5200
vas and third is mje13005
input is 2n5401

rails is +65 0 -65 vdc at 15 amp using offline smps. 4 strands 22 awg at input (primary) and 6 strands 18 awg at output (secondary).

All them are fine..... almost all amplifiers are fine

the difference you have from the best one (i do not know what is the best one) and the normal, standard, common one, is very small.

Each one of my amplifiers have a sonic signature.... this depends your friend style of music, how loud he use to listen...if he loves classic or pop music, the speakers he has.

I have not the magic formula to suggest you.... this... what you want, to decide the best option, is something i am searching and researching those last 49 years..and i could not find the best one.

I have no boards, nothing to sell.... i suggest you to go to ESP pages and search for Rodd Elliot..there you gonna have the amplifier you need and also the boards you need.

Dx amplifiers sounds very good..but cannot make magic.... a very realistic amplifiers, made for real world, and cannot match customized imaginations.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos, think..

Carlos.

Please think carefully.

If you offered boards you could make some money and a lot of people would be thankful.

You would have to support the boards but SO WHAT? You already have to support all your designs.

Better to give support while making some money no?

- just saying.

We cannot use forum this way... a free advertising media

i cannot sell here...or i will have to go to the sales section..the place no one goes...the desert!

Have you ever visited that place dear Igreen?..... probably not...people do not use to go there i think..... so...not a good advertising place.

Here, hundreds of thousands read... this is the best advertising set, but here is for free... and beeing for free section...we are not allowed to sell things here.

I have never received a single cent from the www.diyaudio.com...i have made some audio amplifiers to local friends, neighbors in my town and that was the whole thing.

I have also avoided to open group buy, and this was done not to have suspections about my decence..other guy made that job for me..i have not touched money, even the money used to order boards and money used to mail boards to the group buy members... i use to keep myself clean, asseptic about non honest behavior... this way...even suspection cannot be directed on me.

I have not prepared boards...i have tried... had also the one that was ready to pay for 300 boards and to receive the money back very slowly...but boards were made by a third person that made mistakes...the dead line to board's production was near to be reached when the board's designer finally finished to produce boards layout...and sent them to US to be produced.... days after i found a terrible mistake into the boards..the production was stopped, the one that finance the whole thing give up...since that day i had not money to apply on that... reason why no board available to sell... even in Brasil i could not...people made their own boards (around 30 guys) and they have built.

All that was to sell in Brazil only...so, no forum advertising was generating sells...i have opened the Orkut with that purpose and 300 folks joined the place... was an exclusivity to Brazilians, as i cannot sell to forum folks,... we can advertise into free foruns when there's no profit... advertise with the intention to see people building...this is also a very interesting payment..to be happy!

Man.... that stuff was a nigthmare... board production.... i felt so bothered with the guy was producing the boards layout.... the one had memory problems and was always forgeting things...and i do not know how to produce board layout... was terrible...awfull moments i have passed....and all that stuff ended that i lost the chance...the one had offered to spend some dollares ordering hundred of boards, the investor who financed the project, have applied his money in other things and the stuff finished...sadly.

I have asked board layout files, the special files that i do not remember the name..special codification to order boards... and i have made that to Greg..he had not the files needed to order boards.... dead line approaching...and them Boooooom!...the whole thing was lost!

For sure i have tried my friend.

regards,

Thank you very much my dear friends Dudainc and Maxlorenz

I am glad to inform that the bad luck i was having...weeks before the my birthday finished yesterday.

Man!....unbealiavable that Astral Nightmare before birthday!... i was alike Murphy law..if things can goes wrong..for sure they will.

Now things are running fine.

I am super happy once again.

thank you,

regards,

Carlos

Darn, i'm late i see. Well, better late than never.

A late happy birthday Carlos. I have been without internet for a while, but now i'm back again.

It does take a while before i heat up the soldering iron though, i'm about to fix up my new home. Great little place with room for a few antennas, a thing at least You Carlos know is very important, hehe.

All the best
Ebbe
(a few months now, You will be a year older than me:D )

Thank you very much Ebbe...i am glad you came to congratulate me

because of my past birthday.

Yes...room for antennas is a very important thing..i will trown a wire attached to a stone into my neighboor ceiling and will produce an antenna matcher...this way i will be just listening the HF band with a HF scanner.

I will go near the wall..the one has white tubes... the small ceiling.... then i will trow a stone with the enameled wire attached to it..them i will run the transformer wire to my apartment..hehehe..another stone...but now having rubber around not to broke my windows...the ceiling is strong..but glasses are not.

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

hi carlos, its the first time i post in this forum, i just want to say thank you for this excellent design of yours, ive just finish constructing your dx and yeah man!!!! i am trully satistfied!!!.
i just use 24-0-24 volts transformer after rectified it gives 33-0-33 volts. its sounds amazing man!!!
i planned to run it in 50-0-50 transformer soon. something to change in this schematic? sorry if i havent read all pages maybe this already answered.

by the way, after ive finish constructing the circuit i set first the VR1 to 6800 ohms and turn on the amp it works but the music seems to be distorted when there is a heavy bass in the music, so i turn VR1 to full and yeah it gives me very clear music, deep bass, very clear vocal.
Im just wondering, does VR1 should be full if we use 24 volts transformer? what if i will use higher voltage transformer , will i set again the VR1?
Sorry for my question im just new in electronics , just starting to learn.

Masterrinvi, i would like to know your personal name

also to have pictures from your construction, yourself, the cat, the gog, the bicicle, the motorcicle, the roller skates, the automobile, the trees, the street, the ants, the town, the sky, neighborhood, girl friend, or wife, childrens, cousins, family and all stuff you have and want to share.

Welcome to the Dx Corporation Crew.... our tribe is constituted by satisfied fellows.

regards,

Carlos

Now about your questions.

The amplifier is made to work, without modifications, till the maximum voltage of 42 plus 42 volts continuous (after rectification and filtering...DC voltage)....higher voltages will need extra output pairs.

In your case... to 50 plus 50 volts continuous (plus and minus 50 volts DC), use two pairs..install emitter resistances in all 4 transistors (0.47 ohm, or 0.33 ohm, or 0.22 ohm)... also install base stop resistances..the same value you're using into the transistors you already have..install 2 stop resistances into the bases of those extra units.

The offset control is there to adjust the output voltage to zero, or to have less than 25 milivolts DC.

The stand by current adjustment, tweal trimpot, (must be first adjusted to 750 ohms) and them you need to check the current using the method suggested into Greg pages dedicated to the Dx amplifier....also there you have the image needed to know how to install meters to adjust bias and offset voltage... those adjustments are made without signal into the input, and, is better to short the input to ground.

I am very happy you have appreciated our lovely amplifier.

Was selected between several units i have build since my 9 years old..this was in 1960...now i have 58 years old....it is the most nice, warm, and delicious amplifier topologie..and by an accident, also measure very well when i never intended to have this kind of results....was a copy, inspired in amplifiers made into the sixties, also based into Aksa amplifiers.... almost all companies have used this schematic, but them TIM and IMD, and THD and other specifications became standards..to have low numbers..those methods used show results not so perfect, them people started to design and build things more complicated...but i doubt the advantage in sonics they may have...i could see they loose in sonics, and some of them can beat the Dx amplifier, but they beat with a very small advantage that normally does not justifies, does not explains, the added complication and the increasing in cost to build.

Be happy.... read the thread, visit the Greg pages and enjoy the nice sonics...make it with care, as it will work for you for many years long..the unit is very reliable..deeply tested...since the sixties!!!

regards,

Carlos

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gersk...ack.us/img44/3272/hereisthebaby.jpg[/IMGDEAD]

Re: Now about your questions.

Masterinvi said:
I just use 24-0-24 volts transformer ...............
i planned to run it in 50-0-50 transformer soon.

destroyer X said:
The amplifier is made to work, without modifications, till the maximum voltage of 42 plus 42 volts continuous (after rectification and filtering...DC voltage)....higher voltages will need extra output pairs.

In your case... to 50 plus 50 volts continuous (plus and minus 50 volts DC),
but his 50-0-50 transformer will probably give ~+-70Vdc.

Uops!...if his transformer is 50 volts AC..then you're rigth

Andrew T.... unbeliavable!, but i am appreciating your help, as i am turn very old and loosing attention.

thank you!....by the way, have you ordered boards to HRII and Precision I ?

To use 70 volts..well..better to build the DHR Turbo.

- "Dx amplifier, small boards, small cases and a great sound!..call your friends...put a Macintosh with lamps on..and hidden play the Dx Amplifier.....you gonna be very surprised"

Just put the Mac to make folks think the Mac is playing.... you gonna have strong emotions..and will learn a lot about people too!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• fotos 3778.jpg
    fotos 3778.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 508
Dx amplifier is able to reproduce full power entering 1 hertz

and not needed to increase to much your volume...only 1.5 db and there you have full power pumping into the speaker... 20 volts RMS over 8 ohms speaker..... 50 watts RMS is the result.

There's many amplifiers that cannot do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7pQGse7MBQ

regards,

Carlos

ok sir carlos i will post a picture maybe next day.
im from phillipines. i own a small repair shop, i have 2 technicians for repairing electronics appliances. i just construct the circuit using parts i have from my shop. those c5200 and 1943 are from SAKURA amplifier. i dont supposed to post because lots of people already posted the result of your design. But i was really impressed with the output of your design thats why i post . thanks a lot.

somebody sold his diffective kenwood amplifier to me for 100 pesos(about 2 us dollars). since that amplifier has only 80 watts output so i remove the amp circuit and fix the dx in that casing.
ill post a picture next day im just busy with my small business.

by the way i didnt use polyester capacitor, i use mylar capacitor from junk television circuit in my shop. i dont know whats the difference between polyester and mylar caps.

anyway it works really great even to my rewinded speaker.
good job man!!!. i planned to construct your turbo. but i need more c5200.

wait for the pictures......

Thank you Masterinvi..the nice words.

Pesos?.... is your native language or national language the spanish?...Manila is Philiphines capital if i can remember.

I see there is some place around that talks portuguese, a Christian people that had Portuguese people a couple of hundred years ago.

Spain, Holland, Portugal, France and Spanish were navigators and had colonies everywhere in the world.

Here, the money is called Real, Reais is the plural... 2 for a a single dollar... more or less that way the convertion.

If you prefer, then send images to my E mail adress (the repair shop picture is great!...nice advertising!..professionals using Dx Amplifier...gooooood!)

For a stranger, everything is pretty, is different and is nice...do not need to be organized (electronic shops are not..unless people do nothing there), or very clean or very rich....just a shop...table and the stuff over the table.

Sir is not needed...also not needed Mister.... relax..we are the same... humans!... that traditional respectfull treatment is not used into internacional foruns..you see..even names are not used.... i am not even a real destroyer.

panzertoo@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.