Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is all rigth into the schematic Pavel..the losses of voltage swing were made this

way, and explained, the reasons, into this thread.

Also that missing point to colector is not a missing point...it is the VBE multiplier wire connection....this VBE multiplier is external, also explained into the thread...seems you have not time to watch other threads.

I have watched yours.... and copied your board, already near to be published...aahahahahhaha...will be my schematic...i will be the first to publish..ahahahahha...kidding, of course.

I will listen you secret....hehe.

Just that...you are a good designer, i am interested to "spy" your work.

Your circuit is already sounding...you will see..soon...MY schematic published..cannot prove nothing, you have not published...

ahahahahha.

regards,

Carlos

Working hard, I see!

Here is my latest version of Ecat's board... shortened feedback path a little...

Attachments

• dxiiid.gif
    dxiiid.gif
    62.9 KB · Views: 553
Re: It is all rigth into the schematic Pavel..the losses of voltage swing were made this

destroyer X said:

..seems you have not time to watch other threads.

Yes Carlos, this is very true, I do not have much free time and I mostly read only Bob Cordell's interviews.

Regards,
Pavel

P.S.: and time after time I read this thread, this is a very relaxing one ;)

Carlos

We are very human and seeing that picture with my old dog Maxine brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. A beautiful old girl who passed away not so long after that photo was taken. She almost made 16 but illness meant she had to be put down. She is still with us as I have her ashes in a little monument.

No amount of electronics etc can beat the joy, companionship and fun of a good pet. They just give and give.

Cheers
Peter

Indeed it is, and it reminds us of our own mortality... in 100 years, we will have joined them, and be almost completely forgoten, almost as a rule...

We are so insignifigant yet our problems seems so big sometimes.
In 1cm of your colon lives more bacteria than all the words ever spoken by man.

Nature will still be here...
I took this shot a few minutes ago... sure was a beautifull day...

Attachments

• tbm.jpg
    tbm.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 460
Voltage there can be very big if the amplifier have shorted output

shorted drivers or shorted VAS..... than, rail voltage or more than that will appear there.

Normally, voltage there is 40 milivolts....so...under normal work,e very insulating voltage can be used without problems.

But the one decided to use small condensers (ME) have to remember, after some accident, having enormous unballance of voltage...in those sittuations the output reach high voltage (more than zero)...that you may have to replace that condenser...it will be damaged by that higher voltage than normal.

During constructions, some transistor invertion or other mistake can produce this crazy voltage..giant off sets into the output...so..some attention may be needed.

There are folks that uses 4 diodes ...in series of two units....each serie inverted related the other...this is to protect that condenser...but we have Radio Frequency detection in those diodes..so... a good idea to protect a condenser against higher voltage than the unit you soldered there, may create you worst problems.

I do not suggest, do not use diodes.. but i am showing because that decision is up to my forum friends.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• condenser into feedback.gif
    condenser into feedback.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 448
A pretty peacock perhaps :)

Those big capacitors have a major affect on the layout. I'm staying away from the board tonight, maybe ideas will spring afresh tomorrow.

If I get my parts order placed it should arrive on Friday. I'll build a board or two to test sizes etc and see how it all looks.

Carlos,

I've been so busy I forgot that you are building a working amp. How are things going ?

Hi Nordic,
that PCB is looking pretty good.
I particularly like the way the ground star is arranged as a tree, with the dirtiest returns towards the board edge and the cleanest at the top. Well done. You finally sorted the output trace to ensure the feedback signal actually measures the output.
The close coupling of the four front end transistors also looks good. I wonder of a radiation shield between the heatsink and these four transistors will be audibly better?

Status
Not open for further replies.