Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry had to go read the manual...

Attachments

• 01_dx01.jpg
    01_dx01.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 472
That was the top and bottom frame pieces of an old back door...

I was in a rush when I picked up the Danish oil, and ended up with a cherry dye verion... the flash is lightening it slightly, but its pretty close... realy gave the meranti an interesting look..

The feet were about a dollar each from the flea market... solid brass..., very heavy...

Yes uncle charlie, new photomachine...got it this morning..lol
Canon A550

I am happy to see you happy with the excelent camera

I could not suggest nothing better to you....you have bougth the best one for the price you have paid.

Those Canon cameras are excelent..... very good idea and i will receive, from now on... a lot of 2 Megapixels data (compressed 5 Megapixels image data) from your place...great that!

Now i can observe your work in details...needing Kerozene to clean thermal compound and parts too.

Also the Heatsink turns beautifull, a nice shine when cleaned with Kerozene that produces a nice small and looks good.

This wood is interesting..... how old could be that three to produce this nice block of wood..... good that, will be used once more, not as a door...good.

thank you, now i can inspect dust..ahahahahah

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• nico amp, canon 550.jpg
    nico amp, canon 550.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 453
Whoops, I've lost 4 hours and It's much later than I thought. I hate it when that happens on a Sunday. Guess I should get away from the PC for a while at least. But first here are the results of my labor.

First the schematic I was using. My eyes were going funny late last night so be warned that I may have missed a thing or two, especially connection blobs - what is the correct name for these things anyway ?

Attachments

• hdef-ii-green-play2-schem.gif
    hdef-ii-green-play2-schem.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 451
My attempt at a board layout. I think the component sizes are realistic, perhaps the big capacitors need enlarging, still, the board allows for a little wiggle room.

There should be space for two quite large input capacitors, I'va also allowed for a single small one.

I've given up on the zobel capacitor, under the board perhaps ?

I not so happy with the wiring around Q7, the long wire to Q6 / C21. Ho Hum.

I'm sure there are other things I forget right now.

Attachments

• hdef-ii-green-play2.gif
    hdef-ii-green-play2.gif
    44.7 KB · Views: 438
And if anyone is interested here are the eagle files. The MJL transistors by the way are the only ones I could find that are close to the Toshiba's.

Nordic,

I appreciate your comments about dust, wood shaving, bits of metal, electronics all in the same room. The place here is a mess.

Very nice images with the new camera. Looks like you made a good choice there.

Attachments

• amp2.zip
    64 KB · Views: 116
I made a new schematic with that capacitor

now in a better position...the 8K2 resistance can be, and will be good if you make it this way, into two parts, one fixed, and a trimpot.

Because of the mirror, you will not need off set adjustment, having matched transistors into the differential and into the mirror, your off set will be around 3 to 4 milivolts not needing to adjust.

But.... you may want...not only you, but others, to try the resistance option as colector loads, in the place of those transistors constituting the mirror, or the load to the differential transistors colectors.

If someone decide to remove those transistors and insert 2K ohms resistances in its place, than, the trimmer to adjust the off set will be needed....because of that, i think would be a very good idea to keep it there.... 2 resistances, splitting the 8K2 value..one fixed and other variable.

I am sorry, i had to explain this in advance.

Sorry Ecat...i hope you will have time to fix and increase those details into your nice board.

You see...that removing the transistors, the one decided to listen, to try using resistances (sounds warmer) will have only to insert them into the colector and emitter holes of both transistor locations.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• hr ii, green and blue frame.gif
    hr ii, green and blue frame.gif
    32 KB · Views: 439
The output coil will be used to correct overshot i have found into the

square wave...it is bigger than the standard, not more 22 to 27 turns and 10 ohms resistance....let's make it more active, so, increase resistance to 18 or 22 ohms and place two layers of wire...producing something alike 50 to 60 turns....depending the room you have to do that.

Wire can be 1 milimeter or half milimeter, as current there will not be bigger than 5 amperes.... 1 milimeter wire can hold more than 15 amperes easy... without burn varnish and without melt...in special when the length is small that way....do not worry.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• needed coil..sorry for that.gif
    needed coil..sorry for that.gif
    59.6 KB · Views: 348
Keep the zobel and output coil distant from the input.... the most distant you can

They use to create problems...magnetic induction into nearby parts.

I made the simulation to show you 10 kilohertz without the coil and using the coil.

It is not so big...but you can feel that into the sonics....i am not sure if this is self induced perception or not, as i have not called people to test.

You know.... we use to fool ourselves all time long.... and without other guys evaluating...we never know...or at least...i never know.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• using the coil.gif
    using the coil.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 316
I hate to use those coils, in special when they are huge

And not a good idea to produce the coils over ferrite...saturation will destroy sonics on peaks.

better to use resistance or air coil (better, but bigger)

You can see the over shot...sometimes goes to 5 percent of the wave size.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• overshot.gif
    overshot.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 315
Status
Not open for further replies.