dddac1543 mk2 ** modular design ** USB & SPDIF input **

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Like to share my new design with you all.....

you can download full document with circuits and pcb designs here:

Download PDF DOCUMENT here

image of the ready DAC Module board

Attachments

• dac-module014.jpg
    dac-module014.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2,303
Dear Joko:
I would rather see you use I2S than SPDIF done in an "irresponsible manner".

A thousand thanks. That comforts me and reasures me :angel:

Abusing of your kindness...errr...would it be any "must read" paper referring I2S transmision that you can point me to?
In order to save me many hours of google search, that is :angel:

Kind regards.
Mauricio
(Willing to learn)

Moin Mauricio,

try this:
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/various/I2SBUS.pdf
From memory: max. length for i2s is 20cm. Correct me, if i´m wrong.

For the rest (or most?) of us....spdif AND usb is the way to go. You can use your PC and "cheap" CD-Playa. No need or hazzle to dig in an old playa-model, trying to find a way to squeeze i2s out of it. So Doedde´s concept is right.
For some of us, there is the need to improve this concept. CDM-pro is prohibitive expensive and digging in ~20year old Playa´s isn´t that attractive (for me!). YEMV

Carsten

Nope, don't have anywhere to point you, but...........

If I was going to run I2S from my CDP, I would look at LVDS. National makes several TX/RX chips that should work. If you can't find the info there, I may have propaganda sheet from them with the right P/Ns.

Yes, USB is probably the future. Especially for commerical efforts. This is DIY. Doing it the hard way can be more fun.

Hopefully better sounding, and more educational.

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.