Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Transfer installed system settings and favourites...?

I have Daphile installed and configured on a usb drive for testing.

Now that it is set-up how I want I would like to install the configured system to the computers hard-drive then boot and run from that.

Is this possible..? so far trying to install from the running usb simply results in a new un-configured system without any favourites, web streams etc.

I have Daphile installed and configured on a usb drive for testing.

Now that it is set-up how I want I would like to install the configured system to the computers hard-drive then boot and run from that.

Is this possible..? so far trying to install from the running usb simply results in a new un-configured system without any favourites, web streams etc.

See sections 5 and 6 of the installation guide on the Daphile web site - https://www.daphile.com/download/DaphileInstallation.pdf

Once installed you then restart to process the configuration - see section 7.

See sections 5 and 6 of the installation guide on the Daphile web site - https://www.daphile.com/download/DaphileInstallation.pdf

Once installed you then restart to process the configuration - see section 7.

Nope, that does not cover this case.
I have Daphile installed already to a usb drive.
I want that install copied to the computers hard drive complete with the configuration and settings and favourites from the usb drive.
So I want to install the running system not a new clean install.

Last edited:
Nope, that does not cover this case.
I have Daphile installed already to a usb drive.
I want that install copied to the computers hard drive complete with the configuration and settings and favourites from the usb drive.
So I want to install the running system not a new clean install.

So follow the instructions in section 6.
From within the USB operations go to settings, firmware, new installation. Select the target install hard drive (eg. SSD) and click install.

Alternatively hit F1 as Daphile starts and follow the instructions to process a local hard drive install.

So follow the instructions in section 6.
From within the USB operations go to settings, firmware, new installation. Select the target install hard drive (eg. SSD) and click install.

Alternatively hit F1 as Daphile starts and follow the instructions to process a local hard drive install.

Look.....from section 6
The installation can also be made on drive that already has an existing installation
of Daphile (DaphileBoot and DaphileData partitions exist), e.g. if you want to
upgrade Daphile using another USB drive. All user files and settings are retained. If
the “Configure system settings” option is selected, the new settings will replace
the old ones but still the user files and media server setup are retained.

This is about retaining the settings of an existing install when using a usb to update !!!

You don't seem to understand the use case so please desist muddying the waters.
Simply posting what you think I want is not helpful...

Anyone else...???

Look.....from section 6

This is about retaining the settings of an existing install when using a usb to update !!!

You don't seem to understand the use case so please desist muddying the waters.

Simply posting what you think I want is not helpful...

Anyone else...???

I'm not sure how, but when I use Unetbootin to copy a new Daphile version over my previous USB install, and I choose ISO, all of the previous settings remain

https://unetbootin.github.io

However if I use Rufus, they get wiped out. But don't ask me why.

However in your case, I would use a cloning software like Paragon.

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/

And just clone the USB install to the hard drive you want to use. I've done this several times with Daphile so far.

Last edited:
@DRONE7

for full Daphile backup / restore have you considered using a third party tool like clonezilla? Clonezilla - About

Clonezilla works as well but much clunkier than Paragon. Paragon has many other several useful features as well. I find it to be an essential tool that I use often. You can make virtual drive backups that are much smaller than ISO's to store disk images. Great way to backup full drives with very little space.

I'm not sure how, but when I use Unetbootin to copy a new Daphile version over my previous USB install, and I choose ISO, all of the previous settings remain

https://unetbootin.github.io

However if I use Rufus, they get wiped out. But don't ask me why.

However in your case, I would use a cloning software like Paragon.

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/

And just clone the USB install to the hard drive you want to use. I've done this several times with Daphile so far.

Thanks !
I have Paragon live cd so will give it a go...great to have a recommendation that has been tried and worked !

Ooops... usb flash drive is 8Gb and target flash internal drive is 2Gb....not going to work.

Plan B... clean install.....any way to transfer settings and favourites ? If it was an open-distro i would just ssh in and copy the files over...but... is there a backup and restore option ?.. I can find a backup tab but no documentation as to how that would work. Anyone used it ? would it do the file and settings transfer I am looking for..?

Ooops... usb flash drive is 8Gb and target flash internal drive is 2Gb....not going to work.

Plan B... clean install.....any way to transfer settings and favourites ? If it was an open-distro i would just ssh in and copy the files over...but... is there a backup and restore option ?.. I can find a backup tab but no documentation as to how that would work. Anyone used it ? would it do the file and settings transfer I am looking for..?

In Paragon it's no problem if the drive is smaller. You can just proportion the content to fit on the smaller drive. As long as the install fits on 2gb. Which it does. Another big advantage to Paragon compared to other cloning software where they only offer RAW copy only.

Just check this box:

1c5577daf445b720bc0bc1e9cd5189a3.png

Last edited:
I made a Daphile USB stick and booted from it on my Intel Core I3 NUC.
I have Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Plus connected through USB.
It is listed under Audio devices along with the HDMI output.
Does Daphile output to both Audio devices or do I need to set it up to output to the Dacmagic?

I wanted to install Daphile to the SSD in the NUC, but is listed,but not selectabe. How can I install to the SSD?

as markolino72 says...the disk needs to be blank.
Plug a monitor and keyboard into your Intel Core I3 NUC and boot your Daphile usb.

There is an option at start up to perform configuration. Hit that and there is a disk prep/blanking step. If you understand that everything currently on your Intel Core I3 NUC disk will be lost then accept and continue to boot.

Once booted start the install steps as before and the disk will now be selectable for the install.