Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hi,

When I switch my settings in Daphile to External Media Server to LMS my NAS it does not play my music above 24/96 correctly. Sounds like it plays very slowly. When i reswitch to internal server it plays everything up to 24/192 OK?
My Dac is a Chord Mojo and I have the latest official rt version.

The LMS version on my NAS is 7.7.2 r33893

Anyone with helpful advice please?

Peter

Thanks Marco,

I have asked this because I have got the following reply from Kimmo in June 2016 =

It's done on PC-2 (player).
On 21.06.2016 10:34, Site Visitor wrote:
Dear Kimmo,

Just another small question,
Where the brut FIR (FIR filter, upsampling, etc.) is done, in LMS part (server) or in squeezelite part (player) ?

I am asking because if I am using 2 PC :
PC-1 for LMS server (daphile)
and
PC-2 for squeezelite player (daphile))

on which PC the bruteFIR treatment will be done ?

Which is the opposite of your information !?
Maybe it's not quite the same thing (bruteFIR) ? But I think it is (upsampling is normally done by Sox which use the bruteFIR).
Of course there is also the possibility to use the Sox as plugin in LMS and do the same thing, but it's not the way that Daphile use the Sox (info:Kimmo)

Just wanted to check in on a few bugs that I've been experiencing to see if anybody else has seen them and if there is a possible fix.

- Cover artwork is so random: maybe 20% of the artwork showing for each album is correct.
- Airplay broken for ios10.
- If I have a .cue file for a multi disc album, it is not recognized ex (none of this album gets picked up by the library scan, works fine on all other applications):
REM GENRE Progressive Rock
REM DATE 1995
REM COMMENT ExactAudioCopy v1.0b3
PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
TITLE "P·U·L·S·E [MHCP 689-690]"
FILE "Pink Floyd - Pulse (Disc 1) [MHCP 689].flac" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Astronomy Domine"
INDEX 01 13:34:25
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "What Do You Want From Me"
INDEX 01 17:54:70
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Learning To Fly"
INDEX 01 22:04:20
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Keep Talking"
INDEX 01 27:20:42
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Coming Back To Life"
INDEX 01 34:13:50
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Hey You"
INDEX 01 41:09:70
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "A Great Day For Freedom"
INDEX 01 45:48:00
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Sorrow"
INDEX 01 50:18:62
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "High Hopes"
INDEX 01 61:07:17
TRACK 11 AUDIO
TITLE "Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)"
INDEX 01 69:00:32
FILE "Pink Floyd - Pulse (Disc 2) [MHCP 690].flac" WAVE
TRACK 12 AUDIO
TITLE "Speak To Me"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 13 AUDIO
TITLE "Breathe"
INDEX 01 02:27:00
TRACK 14 AUDIO
TITLE "On The Run"
INDEX 01 05:06:00
TRACK 15 AUDIO
TITLE "Time"
INDEX 01 08:50:01
TRACK 16 AUDIO
TITLE "The Great Gig In The Sky"
INDEX 01 15:38:44
TRACK 17 AUDIO
TITLE "Money"
INDEX 01 21:29:40
TRACK 18 AUDIO
TITLE "Us And Them"
INDEX 01 30:23:08
TRACK 19 AUDIO
TITLE "Any Colour You Like"
INDEX 01 37:21:44
TRACK 20 AUDIO
TITLE "Brain Damage"
INDEX 01 40:42:16
TRACK 21 AUDIO
TITLE "Eclipse"
INDEX 01 44:28:34
TRACK 22 AUDIO
TITLE "Wish You Were Here"
INDEX 01 47:05:57
TRACK 23 AUDIO
TITLE "Comfortably Numb"
INDEX 01 53:41:04
TRACK 24 AUDIO
TITLE "Run Like Hell"
INDEX 01 63:10:40

I think that's all Ive encountered recently. Any help is appreciated!

This .cue is not valid for LMS becouse it has multiple FILE command in it.

I think I was the last one workingwith Michael on CUE.pm to reorganize it, but decided not to touch that part, so your file is just discarged.

You could maybe load it in Foobar (if it works, just don't know) and convert back to 1 wav file and 1 cue file, or split in 2 cue and 2 wave as per disc in this case.

On CoverArt, check the log file and look for some specific file that cause the scan to abort and fix it. Deleting the cache and rescanning could help.

Marco

Last edited:
Hi,

When I switch my settings in Daphile to External Media Server to LMS my NAS it does not play my music above 24/96 correctly. Sounds like it plays very slowly. When i reswitch to internal server it plays everything up to 24/192 OK?
My Dac is a Chord Mojo and I have the latest official rt version.

The LMS version on my NAS is 7.7.2 r33893

Anyone with helpful advice please?

Peter

Solved I updated to LMS 7.9

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

First questions

Just found out about this great looking software. Yeah I'm slow!

I have my music, mainly FLAC upto 24/192, stored on NAS and unraid server which run Asset UPNP. This way the music is played by receiver with Network Audio Player functionality.

I plan to use Daphile as player only at first.

Can Daphile access the music on the shares directly, either through SMB or UPNP and play these at the highest possible quality of 24/192?

Or do I need to setup LMS on the NAS? Is LMS limited to 24/192?

Are there any good but not too expensive DACs I can add to my Intel Core I3 NUC that I plan to use?

I have my music, mainly FLAC upto 24/192, stored on NAS and unraid server which run Asset UPNP. This way the music is played by receiver with Network Audio Player functionality.

Can Daphile access the music on the shares directly, either through SMB or UPNP and play these at the highest possible quality of 24/192?

Are there any good but not too expensive DACs I can add to my Intel Core I3 NUC that I plan to use?
Daphile supports smb and should be able to access the nas directly. If you have a notebook or PC you can try it by loading daphile using a USB stick which does not overwrite your existing system. Daphile supports a wide range of music resolutions and would rarely cause a problem. Re a DAC it depends on the sort of sound you are looking for, whether you use headphones or speakers, portability, how much you want to spend and the quality of the rest of your system. Have a look at offerings from hifimediy, ifi, smsl and gustard.

Some client feedback comparing with Hqplayer:

"One word – brilliant. Playing though the Mivera stack is phenomenal.

Miles Davis Kind of Blue plays without ANY hint of harshness (the famous mic preamp distortion). This is the first time my system has been playing this album so naturally. The bass reproduction is terrific and very very tuneful. My initial feeling was the highs are not that extended as HQP but if I think over, it could be HQP injects more HF noise that could lead you to believe or give an impression of more extended highs. Daphile seems more balanced.
Yes, it doesn't have the glut or sophistication of Roon interface but whatever it has is just plenty, simple and usable – compared to HQP, its off coarse loads better.
All in all, I am super satisfied with it. Ever since I got it playing its seems like I bought a very expensive DAC for free."

Note if you plan to explore realtime DSD up sampling then you will need something a bit more powerful than the i3 nuc. Look at the latest 6th or 7th gen i5 or even i7 systems as a possible alternative. Again experiment with a notebook to see what can be achieved.

Note if you plan to explore realtime DSD up sampling then you will need something a bit more powerful than the i3 nuc. Look at the latest 6th or 7th gen i5 or even i7 systems as a possible alternative. Again experiment with a notebook to see what can be achieved.

The I7 Skull canyon works with all modulators up to DSD 256. I confirmed this. But I wouldn't use anything less powerful.

Don't care about DSD, I am happy with FLAC.
Don't plan to buy another NUC, rather get a nice DAC.
What is the use of upsampling? Why do it in software?

Some client feedback comparing with Hqplayer:

"One word – brilliant. Playing though the Mivera stack is phenomenal.

Miles Davis Kind of Blue plays without ANY hint of harshness (the famous mic preamp distortion). This is the first time my system has been playing this album so naturally. The bass reproduction is terrific and very very tuneful. My initial feeling was the highs are not that extended as HQP but if I think over, it could be HQP injects more HF noise that could lead you to believe or give an impression of more extended highs. Daphile seems more balanced.
Yes, it doesn't have the glut or sophistication of Roon interface but whatever it has is just plenty, simple and usable – compared to HQP, its off coarse loads better.
All in all, I am super satisfied with it. Ever since I got it playing its seems like I bought a very expensive DAC for free."

Hi,
What hardware are you running? Please complete setup incl. DAC.