Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

At last!

After so many days, cause found. Changed "Defeat Destructive Touch-to-Play" in advanced settings / Player / Basisc Settings to "Do not defeat" and every YouTube stream plays as clear water!

It was a surprise for me that the creator has prompted me to the relevant YouTube plugin forum when asked for this specific problem many days ago...

Same problem here, but your solution did not work! I haven't tried to restart Daphile, but "Do not defeat" setting is saved ...

I down loaded some free test track from 2L - the Nordic Sound and Bluecoast Records. They are available in different high resolution formats.
When I listened them, it was heard immediately, that the DSP version with ease outperfomrs the PCM versions.
If I believe in them, the different format records was not changed or modificated. The difference was incredible!!! Everybody should try it!!!

I down loaded some free test track from 2L - the Nordic Sound and Bluecoast Records. They are available in different high resolution formats.
When I listened them, it was heard immediately, that the DSP version with ease outperfomrs the PCM versions.
If I believe in them, the different format records was not changed or modificated. The difference was incredible!!! Everybody should try it!!!

Ah, so sighted listening, without level matching and without checking if there are any differences in EQ and dynamic compression?

Yes. You should also listen and do checking your self.

As long as we listen with our ears, and not our eyes or preconceived notions. That is why double-blind ABX listeningv techniques are useful.

Maybe you will find something, but I don't think so.

We might find that your DAC plays DSD slightly louder than PCM - a fairly common situation, and we know that small volume differences (even 1 dB) are not perceived as "louder' but " better". We might also find that there are differences in level or EQ between the recordings. But we might not - it is always easier to chose to believe.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
As long as we listen with our ears, and not our eyes or preconceived notions. That is why double-blind ABX listeningv techniques are useful.

We might find that your DAC plays DSD slightly louder than PCM - a fairly common situation, and we know that small volume differences (even 1 dB) are not perceived as "louder' but " better". We might also find that there are differences in level or EQ between the recordings. But we might not - it is always easier to chose to believe.

PCM plays louder than DSD.

You may be right, but I will not accept it, until you listened to those recordings and checking is there any volume and EQ differences etc.

You don't need to accept it if you don't want to - all I can say is that I have done quite a bit of double-blind ABX tests, and in all cases where I (or somebody else) has been able to hear a difference, it has been due to one of the factors I mentioned. When using the same source material, properly level matched, no differences have been heard.

I could not believe the DSD until I tried it.

I prefer to finding out instead of believing.

You don't need to accept it if you don't want to - all I can say is that I have done quite a bit of double-blind ABX tests, and in all cases where I (or somebody else) has been able to hear a difference, it has been due to one of the factors I mentioned. When using the same source material, properly level matched, no differences have been heard.
Yes, could be....,but I do not want to reimburse you to the DSD better. I am just happy to use the Daphile with this fine sounding DSD material.:D