Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Come on guys, please leave it to Kipeta. I use open source exclusively but I would not ask anyone to open source his code (if there is no licence breach which I doubt is the case here). I am sure the author knows advantages/disadvantages of open sourcing just as well as we do. Kipeta seems experienced enough.

Ok,we didn't ask him to open source his code but we were asking why he chose not to do so. At the beginning of the project he seemed to start to open it through sourceforge but it never happened then.
There may be good reasons or not but we just want to know why he made this choice. It may still be a purpose...
I am like you, I exclusively use open source softwares so I would love to be able to use it and advertise it.

Hi all,

I installed the YouTube plugin in daphile and enjoyed playing YouTube streams the first day with astonishing fidelity. Unfortunately, deom the second day and beyond, I cannot play streams any more. Reproduction begins and stops after 3 to 4 sec. without any sound heard. Efforts to restore sound failed. Did it happen to anyone else?

Hi!
Should be set the Max sample rate to 96Khz, if my dac can play max. 96Khz?

Yes, though it should do that automatically, as indicated by HW limit: in the Max sample rate setting.

What about playing High res 192Khz. music? Will the Daphile automatic downsampling it?

Yes, if you use an appropriate setting for the PCM resampling option (and your hardware is fast enough to do it).

Sound-wise I find the latest version more advanced with better musical resolution and increased soundstage depth. Of course I'm using a not state-of-the-art dac (ODAC supplied by a Salas BiB), which may justify my preference. But differences are quite clear in a setup comprising a well-driven hifiman-he6!

Hi!
I tried the last version, but it has no sound! I used it without any change in the audio setup. Everything looks fine, the player shows that it plays the actual song, but no sound comes out.
The september version is perfect. I reported the problem to Kipeta and I am waiting for His reply.
Does anyone have any idea?

Reset Media Server Settings

Hi, I have been using Daphile for the past few months and it's been working great. But last night, I tried to setup Spotify using Triode's plugin and I got some errors during the connection self test. So, I tried to reboot to see if that will solve the problem and now, I can't access the Daphile interface at all. I type in the ip address of the machine and it just times out.

Is there a way to reset the Media Server Settings to disable the plugin or at least get back to default settings? Given the customizations I've done in Daphile (eg., buffer settings etc.), I'd prefer not to reinstall Daphile from scratch.

Any advice?

Thank you. Hammer8.

Hi!
I tried the last version, but it has no sound! I used it without any change in the audio setup. Everything looks fine, the player shows that it plays the actual song, but no sound comes out.
The september version is perfect. I reported the problem to Kipeta and I am waiting for His reply.
Does anyone have any idea?

Same thing happened to me with Asus Xonar DG soundcard. Kipetas advice was to check mixer settings, which I did but to no avail. In the end I just returned to the old version.

Regards
Marko

Hi, I started to use Daphile in my Gigabyte BRIX few days ago but came across a problem using my Schitt Bifrost DAC. I have been hearing nothing but cracking noises only until I connected another unrelated HDMI device to the Gigabyte BRIX. any suggestion to rectify this problem ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi, I started to use Daphile in my Gigabyte BRIX few days ago but came across a problem using my Schitt Bifrost DAC. I have been hearing nothing but cracking noises only until I connected another unrelated HDMI device to the Gigabyte BRIX. any suggestion to rectify this problem ?

Thanks in advance !
Look the post #714 by Tyimo :snoopy:

Hi, I have been using Daphile for the past few months and it's been working great. But last night, I tried to setup Spotify using Triode's plugin and I got some errors during the connection self test. So, I tried to reboot to see if that will solve the problem and now, I can't access the Daphile interface at all. I type in the ip address of the machine and it just times out.

Is there a way to reset the Media Server Settings to disable the plugin or at least get back to default settings? Given the customizations I've done in Daphile (eg., buffer settings etc.), I'd prefer not to reinstall Daphile from scratch.

Any advice?

Thank you. Hammer8.
I did have the music output, but only when I inserted an HDMI device. Removing the HDMI connection will have nothing but just cracking noises. The "speaker" in mixer control was already enabled.

At last!

After so many days, cause found. Changed "Defeat Destructive Touch-to-Play" in advanced settings / Player / Basisc Settings to "Do not defeat" and every YouTube stream plays as clear water!

It was a surprise for me that the creator has prompted me to the relevant YouTube plugin forum when asked for this specific problem many days ago...

Hi all,

I installed the YouTube plugin in daphile and enjoyed playing YouTube streams the first day with astonishing fidelity. Unfortunately, deom the second day and beyond, I cannot play streams any more. Reproduction begins and stops after 3 to 4 sec. without any sound heard. Efforts to restore sound failed. Did it happen to anyone else?