Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Did you ticked file server in general ?

Yes in settings "file server" is enabled

Did you mounted the daphile share on your local computer using \\<daphile>\Share ?

Not sure what this means.....I just put the above command in a browser address window...and nothing happened except that address changed to this:

file://///%3Cdaphile%3E/Share

Next, you should plug the receiving usb drive on your computer and do the file transfer from the share to the usb drive.

Plug USB into windows machine..no problem....

Not sure what this means.....I just put the above command in a browser address window...and nothing happened except that address changed to this:
You should use the File Explorer of your windows machine not web browser. You should see the daphile Box as a computer in the network section.

Once the usb device is plugged, you just have to select file or folder, copy 'n paste (or Drag 'n Drop) from the network share to the usb device.

Ok......turned on network discovery then pasted \\<daphile>\Share in file explorer......not finding Daphile machine...but my Windows 10 machine sees lots of other stuff on my LAN.

A network diagnostics pop up says my DNS server may be unavailable......

Do I need to check DNS settings in my router?

Last edited:
Ok......turned on network discovery then pasted \\<daphile>\Share in file explorer......not finding Daphile machine...but my Windows 10 machine sees lots of other stuff on my LAN.

A network diagnostics pop up says my DNS server may be unavailable......

Do I need to check DNS settings in my router?
You cannot paste \\<daphile>\Share it is just an illustration.
<daphile> is to be replaced by the name of your daphile box or the ip address.
Share in the name you defined in the storage tab just on the left of the shares checkbox
Did you restarted daphile ?

You can see the ip address in the info of your daphile web ui.
If you access with name i.e http://[B]daphile[/B]/cgi-bin/AudioPlayer
you should see all share when pasting \\daphile\ in windows file explorer or in [win]+R box

You cannot paste \\<daphile>\Share it is just an illustration.
<daphile> is to be replaced by the name of your daphile box or the ip address.
Share in the name you defined in the storage tab just on the left of the shares checkbox
Did you restarted daphile ?

You can see the ip address in the info of your daphile web ui.
If you access with name i.e http://daphile/cgi-bin/AudioPlayer
you should see all share when pasting \\daphile\ in windows file explorer or in [win]+R box

Thank you!!! \\192.168.11.40\music works!

I've got a list of music folders....ok next dumb question....how do I copy/paste these to a folder on my local machine?

Attachments

• daphile snip.jpg
    daphile snip.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Thank you!!! \\192.168.11.40\music works!

I've got a list of music folders....ok next dumb question....how do I copy/paste these to a folder on my local machine?
The picture you shared show that you are using a web browser and not windows file explorer !
Drag'n drop should be possible folder by folder.

If you open File Explorer (open any folder on your machine) and paste in the path bar or use [Win]+R Run Box, paste \\192.168.11.40\music. You have the right basic tool to manipulate files.

Open your tumb drive as usual and ask yourself how do I copy from a folder to my thumb-drive...

If you open File Explorer (open any folder on your machine) and paste in the path bar or use [Win]+R Run Box, paste \\192.168.11.40\music. You have the right basic tool to manipulate files.

Open your tumb drive as usual and ask yourself how do I copy from a folder to my thumb-drive...

Thanks chfaure!! ...I'm an idiot..and it was before coffee this am... :eek:

copying now..I know you mentioned 3 times FILE explorer...

Thanks again!

How do I rescan my library on HDD

Hello
I have done something to Daphile and seem to have deleted all playlists, all Album artists, albums, new music, everything just shows up as empty. I can play from the music files on the HDD.
What have I done and how do I re scan the hdd.
Help appreciated.
Thanks
thyristor44

To rebuild your library, go to the info page http://<daphile>/cgi-bin/Info
<daphile> : replace with the name or the ip of your daphile server
On the bottom of the page,you have a media server section.
From left to right, in rescan field, chose "Clear library and rescan everything" and click (Rescan) button.
This should do the job.:cool:

The DSD Dac module resistor network of May Dac does not use R2R architecture for the DSD, more specifically it uses a very specific architecture which is optimized to perform DSD data to analog. So to be entirely accurate the DSD part of May Dac is using resistor ladders, not R2R..

They claim Linux compatibility....you may wish to contact them for guidance as they presumably have tested and can advise settings for Linux based o/s.

Holo Audio – May DAC | Kitsune HiFi - HoloAudio USA

I have a strange behaviour of either my Daphile box or my W10 computer. When I place music on my Daphile box from my W10 computer it does not allow me to copy directly to the samba share although R/W is checked at the daphile settings.

When i go via daphile/All shares/Music I can copy but is restricting to 1Gb of data at the time. There is plenty of diskspace available.

When I copy from a W7 machine all is fine.

Any suggestions?

I'm a newbie here, I tried the bootable usb on two laptops (Lenovo and Dell). On the Dell, the keyboard is not working in the setup step, so I can't get further. On the Lenovo, I configure wifi, but it never connects, so I guess the built in wifi adapter is not supported?
How do I get around these problems? Should I just keep trying different laptops until I find one that works?