Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hi, just for fun, does anybody knows of a vu meter or spectometer plugin for dahpile?

Thanks
Hello Patagonia
If you have a raspberry Pi you could run Pi Core Player, pCP.
It is similar to Daphile but unlike Daphile is completely open source and has VU meters. Go to The Logitech forum, very helpfull. h**ps://forums.slimdevices.com/
I use both Daphile and pCP, no difference to me audibly and you can change everything in pCP, even add a remote control. I think Daphile uses logitech software which is open source but Daphile is closed source, to me that's a mistake.

@duplex If your hardware is having difficulty converting DSD to PCM on the fly then you might consider converting file formats off-board for subsequent playback.
Tascam Hi-Res Editor | High-resolution DSD/PCM audio editor
It's free and works.
Thank you! I tried this one already. Yes, it works, yet very very slowly, and only track by track: load, convert, load next, convert, ...
At the moment, I convert DSD to PCM using foobar. After installing the appropriate components, it's fast, convenient, and safe. Batch processing without any problems.

I just thought I could skip manual conversion by placing DSF files directly on the Daphile disk.

My current suspicion: could it be that the tiny Celeron processor driving my Daphile is just too weak to convert DSD to PCM on the fly?

I use an atom d525 with 2gb ram and have no problems converting dsd to pcm.
Hmm, so I have no idea what to do next. Mine has 4 GB of RAM, with nearly 3.5 GB always free. For the moment I'll go on converting beforehand. Once accustomed to the workflow, it's a few minutes per disc using foobar to 88.2/24, and the resulting sound is excellent - much better than what the preamp gets out of the player.

Need help to update Daphile

I have Daphile installed on on a Zotac ZBox C1320 mini PC. Works well:). No problems:):).

My installed Daphile version is 16.07-x86_64, using Kernel version: 4.4.6-14.

I want to update Daphile to version 19.12-x86_64, to take advantage of the improvements in features and performance.

When I use the System > Firmware > Update Status procedure I get the message "Current version: 16.07-x86_64 – the latest available."

Please, how do I get the system to update to the latest version from the website?

TIA,

Oldan

I have Daphile installed on on a Zotac ZBox C1320 mini PC. Works well:). No problems:):).

My installed Daphile version is 16.07-x86_64, using Kernel version: 4.4.6-14.

I want to update Daphile to version 19.12-x86_64, to take advantage of the improvements in features and performance.

When I use the System > Firmware > Update Status procedure I get the message "Current version: 16.07-x86_64 – the latest available."

Please, how do I get the system to update to the latest version from the website?

TIA,

Oldan

I'm not sure if you can update from 16.xx to the lastest in one go (if I recall correctly the image was changed at some point and a direct update may not be possible), but you can try to do the following:

go to http://<ip-address of Dahile>/cgi-bin/Devel

in the "Actions" section you'll see a field starting with "Install"

type (or copy) the following URL: https://www.daphile.com/firmware/stable/daphile-19.12-x86_64.iso

and click on "Install"

This should start the installation of the newest stable version. If it does not then you may try to use an older version first (all old versions can be found in Index of /firmware/stable/old)

I use the most recent Beta-version, because then you can enter Linux as root (password zaq) via Putty or an equivalent terminal program (in some cases this may be handy). If you would like to do this you can type/copy the URL https://www.daphile.com/firmware/beta/daphile-20.05-b082157-x86_64.iso insteadfor the latest Beta.

Good luck !! :)

Yes, it's USB 2.0.

Now I tried reducing parameter 'Max sampling rate' to the minimum offered by the admin interface, 44.1 kHz. With this setting, DSD64 output sounds a little bit clearer, but remains crackling noise.

USB 2.0 has a limit of how much data it can carry. Theoretical max should be 24-96 but it also depends on the hardware running it. Sometimes, devices struggle to get half of the max bitrate 2.0 is listed for.

Yes, it's USB 2.0.

USB Audio Class 2.0 is a different standard than USB 2.0.
First of all, as a standard in PC industry, it should bear 24 bit 192kHz.
You should use an appropiate USB cable, that comply technicaly to the
USB Audio Class 2.0; a cheap printer usb cable it is not withint those
requirements ( 480 Mbps, 90 Ohm). That could lead to problems if
the cable is longer than 2/3 meters, depending on the cable ( some of the
cheap ones could make prolems in 24-192. All this was said on hardware side.

Now I tried reducing parameter 'Max sampling rate' to the minimum offered by the admin interface, 44.1 kHz. With this setting, DSD64 output sounds a little bit clearer, but remains crackling noise.