Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hi,
How to Connect Daphile To Youtube service?

I found that there are many channels on Youtube that provide good quality audio soundtracks. I listen to them on my PC quite often as I am a paid-up subscriber.

I am having difficulty in connecting my Daphile to Youtube, anyone here can outline here a procedure(can contain a much detail as you like) on how I can connect to this service. Thanks in advance.

Youtube on LMS

Hi,
How to Connect Daphile To Youtube service?

I found that there are many channels on Youtube that provide good quality audio soundtracks. I listen to them on my PC quite often as I am a paid-up subscriber.

I am having difficulty in connecting my Daphile to Youtube, anyone here can outline here a procedure(can contain a much detail as you like) on how I can connect to this service. Thanks in advance.
This is not as easy as it should but this is mostly due to youtube api and security limitation...

You need to install latest youtube plugin on LMS the easiest is to use additional repo : Download LMS-YouTube from SourceForge.net

Follow step by step the description ANNOUNCE: YouTube Plugin (API v3)

If you face some issue read this dedicated forum or ask for support..

Check also If as paid user of Youtube, you can get special API key for google API.

Once you get a key, you can share it against all your devices.

I did the final install and now everything works like a charm
Amazing player, I’m considering putting my cocktail x40 on sale
I’m using Squeezer with android tablet, have you found any better app?

Same as above...you are running from read only media.

All those have 'hover over' popups...
It is for ramplay...tracks can be added to and played from ram.

I have daphile running on a tablet with a broken keyboard and a good size drive. It is running off a usb drive, working great and I am very happy. Lately I have been trying to come up with a way for peppymeter to be displayed on the tablet screen when music is being played. I have some Linux knowledge and have done some searching so far no practical solution. Any help?

I've got everything working as it should, I think. However, one (or better two) thing(s) keep(s) bothering me :

Every so often the network paths and / or the USB Wifi setting disappears. I notice this because the network light on the USB stick doesn't come on, and, obviously, the paths in the 'storage' dept. go missing.

The latter isn't too problematic because I re-enter them remotely and reboot. But it's bloody annoying as it's happened twice now.
The former is a pain in the proverbials, as it requires met detatching the box, connecting it with a UTP to the router, booting it and then 'reselecting' the wifi bit. After which i put it back in the system, reboot it and everything is fine.

What would cause this infernal issue ? I have Daphile installed on an SSD.

Pete

Your help needed please, as this is something still not clear to me: while I’ve already successfully tried and tested Daphile from a usb stick final install with music files stored in another 1TB external usb drive, if I want to install Daphile on the internal ssd hd (500gb) of my new core i5 fanless mini pc (8gb ram) is it possible to use the same internal hard disk to store the music folder, considering I wouldn’t like to not use most of the 500gb? And how?
Also if this is possible could I at the same time have Daphile play music stored in an external usb and/or a NAS ? Does it create one music library from all the storage devices?

Last edited:
Signal Generator Plugin for Daphile

I also fixed Signal Generator Triode's plugin for audio system testing and now it works with Daphile.

Link to repo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dfprmucpwg1dlpy/pluginrepo.xml

Screenshot:

Attachments

• Фото 05.05.2020, 22 46 10.png
    Фото 05.05.2020, 22 46 10.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Settings help

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Very interesting.
I have a problem with daphile and I just don't know how to fix it.
I have a 24/192 dac without usb, gustard u16 usb interface and mac mini 2012.
If I listen to 192 files they work well for the first 15-16 seconds then the song starts to clip. I am using the latest iso rt. Unfortunately I can't solve this problem. I also tried the new beta versions, but the problem remains. :mad::confused:

https://melius.club/uploads/monthly...4_02.png.fed3f6af181c66313e593b01e32a2129.png

Your help needed please, as this is something still not clear to me: while I’ve already successfully tried and tested Daphile from a usb stick final install with music files stored in another 1TB external usb drive, if I want to install Daphile on the internal ssd hd (500gb) of my new core i5 fanless mini pc (8gb ram) is it possible to use the same internal hard disk to store the music folder, considering I wouldn’t like to not use most of the 500gb? And how?
Also if this is possible could I at the same time have Daphile play music stored in an external usb and/or a NAS ? Does it create one music library from all the storage devices?

See the Daphile installation instructions... all answered in sections 7.3 through 8 :)

See the Daphile installation instructions... all answered in sections 7.3 through 8 :)

thanks for your feedback, I’ve read it over and over again but still I can’t see how I can create a music folder in a partition of the same drive after installing Daphile, should I keep win 10 in the same partition where I create the music folder afterwards? As far as I know installing Daphile will wipe the whole disc unless I can install it in a given partition and get/keep another partition with Win10 OS

Last edited:
That's a different fettle of kish then... you didn't mention win10 or dual boot in your first question ;)

I have never bothered to dual boot...always dedicated a device wholly to Daphile...mainly as I'm cheap and look for lower cost low overhead players like thinclients...;)
Plus I just hate having to close the o/s I am in and reboot for access to Daphile...(a dedicated independent device is always instantly available ...)

That said, I've just noticed this youtube clip showing Daphile installation to a virtual machine... I might have to try it on a pc :)
YouTube

So I may not be the best person to ask...someone else may be along to help or you might want to check the thread...a quick search found this for dual boot with win10...:)

Last edited:
That's a different fettle of kish then... you didn't mention win10 or dual boot in your first question ;)

I have never bothered to dual boot...always dedicated a device wholly to Daphile...mainly as I'm cheap and look for lower cost low overhead players like thinclients...;)
Plus I just hate having to close the o/s I am in and reboot for access to Daphile...(a dedicated independent device is always instantly available ...)

That said, I've just noticed this youtube clip showing Daphile installation to a virtual machine... I might have to try it on a pc :)
YouTube

So I may not be the best person to ask...someone else may be along to help or you might want to check the thread...a quick search found this for dual boot with win10...:)

thanks, I understand a daphile dedicated configuration is the best way to go, but what if I decide to make the internal hd drive a storage unit? Either I run Daphile from a usb stick or install it on the internal hd drive, how and when need I copy the music files to the internal hard disk? I’m struggling with this, maybe I can use the web gui to move/copy folders? It shouldn’t be so complicated ..

thanks, I understand a daphile dedicated configuration is the best way to go, but what if I decide to make the internal hd drive a storage unit? Either I run Daphile from a usb stick or install it on the internal hd drive, how and when need I copy the music files to the internal hard disk? I’m struggling with this, maybe I can use the web gui to move/copy folders? It shouldn’t be so complicated ..

It's not complicated but it's not Plug'nPlay... The name of this site is DIYAUDIO.COM afterall so a bit of knowledge would help and also if that bit of knowledge is not there than a bit of willingness to do some reading and searching would be needed.

You need to have DAPHILE installed on the internal HDD (if you have decided against the dual-boot solution) first and only afterwards you can copy music files to the HDD . The DAPHILE installation will only take a tiny slice of the whole of the HDD so there will be plenty of room for music storage in the default DaphileData partition or in a different partition.

But you'll have to do a bit of reading beforehand, @DRONE7 gave you a good advice: << See the Daphile installation instructions... all answered in sections 7.3 through 8 >>

It's not complicated but it's not Plug'nPlay... The name of this site is DIYAUDIO.COM afterall so a bit of knowledge would help and also if that bit of knowledge is not there than a bit of willingness to do some reading and searching would be needed.

You need to have DAPHILE installed on the internal HDD (if you have decided against the dual-boot solution) first and only afterwards you can copy music files to the HDD . The DAPHILE installation will only take a tiny slice of the whole of the HDD so there will be plenty of room for music storage in the default DaphileData partition or in a different partition.

But you'll have to do a bit of reading beforehand, @DRONE7 gave you a good advice: << See the Daphile installation instructions... all answered in sections 7.3 through 8 >>

I think it is easier than that, if you enable the hd RW and share box, Daphile should be able to see the music stored in the hd, I will let you know once I get my new pc delivered

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Very interesting.
I have a problem with daphile and I just don't know how to fix it.
I have a 24/192 dac without usb, gustard u16 usb interface and mac mini 2012.
If I listen to 192 files they work well for the first 15-16 seconds then the song starts to clip. I am using the latest iso rt. Unfortunately I can't solve this problem. I also tried the new beta versions, but the problem remains. :mad::confused:

https://melius.club/uploads/monthly...4_02.png.fed3f6af181c66313e593b01e32a2129.png
please can you help me?:happy1: