Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Daphile backup error !?

Dear daphile users,

Excuse me for my bad English language!

I write you because I have an error when I run a backup of my daphile disk.
Here is the error message after scanning some 27546 files:

"... Error: File scanning interrupted (code: 1). "

The DaphileData disc (3To) containing the music library is locally USB.
And the backup disk (3To) is in local USB too.
This is the last stable version of Daphile that is on a internal SSD (30Go)...

Thank you in advance for your precious help!
cordially

François

Daphile Backup Report.jpeg

Daphile Info System.jpeg

Only some files in tidal are available as master. Look in tidal for a selection of master files. Also a key strength of daphile is the ability to upsample the tidal files. If your dac and cpu can take it try upsampling to the max dsd or pcm rate your dac can handle. I think you will be surprised.

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I can't explain how I fixed my wifi connection but this one has me a bit confused.

About two months ago, I had intermittent problems with the Daphile web page not loading. Rebooting the server solved the problem and I would say this happened about 3 or 4 times over the course of a few weeks.

After that, I couldn't get the page to load at all. The last 2 nights, I've had the server connected to a monitor and the server would connect when wired to the router. Daphile Networking detected the network available but my Netgear router indicated it had a MAC address, but no IP address assigned. Turning the router off and restarting it had no effect. Searching on google didn't give any clear answers.

My line of thinking was perhaps the Tenda usb wifi adapter had burned out. So I inserted it into my laptop and installed the driver. It worked fine and the router recognized it without any issues. So I plugged it back into the Daphile server, turned it on, and...my router recognizes it and the Daphile server is working without issues.

Anyone have a clue what happened and why I suddenly have the router recognize the usb wifi?

Anybody using optical out??
I'm trying to use it on my old laptop (MSi GX620) I have my audio device set to ALC1200Digital [hw:1,1] but can't get output at all. I've tried switching all the different mixer settings, and the best that did was create a god-awful screeching out of the laptop speakers.
On this laptop the optical out is a combined jack with the headphones and I know under Windows I have to go into the Realtek control panel and toggle a setting from analogue to digital, but I haven't been able to find anything similar in Daphile

Anybody using optical out??
I'm trying to use it on my old laptop (MSi GX620) I have my audio device set to ALC1200Digital [hw:1,1] but can't get output at all. I've tried switching all the different mixer settings, and the best that did was create a god-awful screeching out of the laptop speakers.
On this laptop the optical out is a combined jack with the headphones and I know under Windows I have to go into the Realtek control panel and toggle a setting from analogue to digital, but I haven't been able to find anything similar in Daphile

Have you tried the bios?

I do not know what mixer controls are available in daphile, but in terminal (direct, ssh) the regular way is using alsamixer in text UI/amixer in CLI for changing the controls. ALC1200 intel-hda driver offers IEC958 switch, as seen on alsamixer screenshots http://slackware.jiten.nl/b/alsa-playback.png

I don't have an IEC958 in either the Daphile mixer or alsamixer, but I do have three SPDIF switches (S/PDIF, S/PDIF default PCM, S/PDIF16) Switching them off/on doesn't do anything. Googling around I found a site that mentioned those SPDIF are Nvidia related (my laptop does have an nvidia gpu, but I was under the impression that it would only do audio over the hdmi). I did find some other sites that mentioned putting the device specs into alsa.conf, but since those were Ubuntu based I have no idea if it'd apply for Daphile - not to mention my knowledge of doing things like that are very limited.

This is what I get from aplay -l (if it helps)
2fjJtDX.jpg

I have no idea what the "dummy" or "modem" devices are about, but when I run alsamixer "dummy" is what pops up first, I need to use F6 to change the device

Last edited: