Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

If the samba version changed, you might need to set the protocol and enable ntlm.
In /etc/samba/smb.conf, in the [global] section...

server min protocol = SMB2
ntlm auth = yes

Edit: do not set "protocol = SMB2" as this sets the MAX protocol version.
W10 requires SMB3, setting max lower breaks W10 connectivity.

So W10 connects fine so not a W10 issue. It is XigmaNAS that Daphile no longer connects to.

I am not proficient with Linux. Where in Daphile would I make the changes mentioned above?

I have contacted Kimmo through the website and he is working on it so fingers crossed.

Static Popping and Clicking In Music

All this has no connection with Daphile..

Thought I would post this in hope that it will help someone else (Note: I only tagged this quote because this part of the thread was pretty old and wanted to be able to relate this post to the subject).

I went for a while not using this system and have recently regained interest in it. The clicks and pops returned but I solved the problem.

So first, the system. I have a Dell Optiplex that is connected to a Musical Fidelity V-Link (24/96kHz) USB to SPDIF via a USP2ISO galvanic isolator. This in turn is connected to a RAKK DAC MKI (24/192kHz).

In the audio settings in Daphile for the V-Link I tried the various Audio Processing settings and when set to "BruteFIR mode for DRC & EQ" all static pops disappeared. That said I don't know why this works, only that it does. There are also some EQ filters in this setting that can be downloaded per some other posts I have seen on this thread but I am not running them nor do I know where to download them. If anyone can assist with this it would be much appreciated.

Again I hope this helps someone with the same issue.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I'm having a curious problem when ripping CDs with Daphile. The rip proceeds normally except for the last song on a CD, which is not copied. This problem began recently (after the last update) and has occurred consistently with each rip. Re-ripping the last song in Daphile is ineffective, so I've been using fre:ac to copy the last tune to Daphile each time. What's going on?

All suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Scott

I just got a Topping D30 today and was hoping for some advice/help in setting it up… specifically on the DSD front.

First of all, what's the best way to confirm a DSD signal is being sent to the device - unfortunately the D30 doesn't have a display.
I've looked at both the squeezlite and transcode logs and seem to get conflicting info

ATM, I have Daphile set for DoP. According to the above logs, DoP64 is working as expected, but DoP128 doesn't seem to happen - Topping claims the D30 can handle DoP128). The logs show those files being converted to PCM @176400 WAV.

When I set Daphile to native DSD then according to the logs DoP64 is showing as 88200, DoP128 - 176400.

If I set Daphile to convert everything to DSD128 (which is only possible if I use native DSD, DoP maxes out at DoP64) then the logs will display the output is DSD128. I'd really rather not convert everything due to my using an old laptop as a server and the CPU load makes the fan rather noisy.

I'm not sure if I'm just misreading the logs or overlooking some settings along the lines so any help would be appreciated

Forgot to mention I'm using the latest beta, and do have DSD over PCM enabled in the settings

Last edited:
Folks:

I'm having a curious problem when ripping CDs with Daphile. The rip proceeds normally except for the last song on a CD, which is not copied. This problem began recently (after the last update) and has occurred consistently with each rip. Re-ripping the last song in Daphile is ineffective, so I've been using fre:ac to copy the last tune to Daphile each time. What's going on?

All suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Scott
hi Scott, I'm not at my Daphile computer right now so from memory there are 2 things to try in the settings/ripping page....
1) offset test for the ripping device....quite simple...select and follow instructions..
2)allow leadout...(can't remember exact wording but there is an option to allow over-read ... try both on and off... usually one works :) )

Joined 2004
Paid Member
hi Scott, I'm not at my Daphile computer right now so from memory there are 2 things to try in the settings/ripping page....
1) offset test for the ripping device....quite simple...select and follow instructions..
2)allow leadout...(can't remember exact wording but there is an option to allow over-read ... try both on and off... usually one works :) )

DRONE7:

Thank you! I'll give it a shot.

Much appreciated,
Scott

So W10 connects fine so not a W10 issue. It is XigmaNAS that Daphile no longer connects to.

I am not proficient with Linux. Where in Daphile would I make the changes mentioned above?

I have contacted Kimmo through the website and he is working on it so fingers crossed.
Hi, not sure what distribution Daphile is based on and what packages are included, usually you can use nano or vi to change the /etc/samba/smb.conf file.

If that is too complex, a workaround could be changing the Xigmanas settings.

There is a rich assortment of plugins that support this functionality. Look at ickstream for audio streaming. Also a dedicated YouTube plugins. See - 3rd Party Software for details. The plugins are available here Logitech Media Server Plugins - SqueezeboxWiki

Thanks for the reply, I had a look at the Daphile music box there is NO folder or subfolder named "Plugins" that I can put the 3rd party software. DO I have to create it from Daphile OS itself. Any hints? Thks.

Thanks for the reply, I had a look at the Daphile music box there is NO folder or subfolder named "Plugins" that I can put the 3rd party software. DO I have to create it from Daphile OS itself. Any hints? Thks.

Cluck on settings, advanced media server, and select the plugins tab. Either select a supported plug-in or post the link to the plug-in in the prompt at the bottom of the screen.

Why it makes so difficult even to access Youtube(I have an account) from Daphile.

I was able to generate a API key the choose Youtube and enable Youtube apps I cannot create "Client ID" and Client Secret", how to activate my account, it seems too complicated?
If it didn't need all this, it would have been done in a simpler fashion. The difficulty is with YouTube, now that it has a pay system in place.