Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Thanks gvl, for both suggestions. Under "Power" in "Settings" there is no choice of CPU speed, in BIOS it's not over-clockable. Regarding USB driver, the honest answer is I've no idea. It's the VIA/EPIA M10000 mobo with a VIA C3 1MHz socket 370 processor, VIA Apollo CLE266 chipset.

Interestingly I keep losing connection via the intranet, if M2Tech DAC is plugged in. That's rarely happened before - in the past I've had to reboot it maybe monthly now it's daily. Not sure whether it's the DAC upsetting something or coincidence. I've got the latest beta as discussed - 17.12-b221934-i486, but I assume that's pretty stable despite being labelled beta.

I may go back to latest stable in case. But the lesson is that when you're happy with something, be grateful and don't buy a nice new DAC just in case...! I'll go back to what I was happy with.

Regards,
Mark
Try to run Volumio, works perfectly with my UAC2 devices, sound quality is superb, DLNA support out of the box. I wanted to run Daphile but it's not working with my hardware.

Hello.

I installed the 32-bit version daphile-17.09-i486.iso on to a 2007 Dell laptop. I am using this build as the processor only does 32-bit. Connecting it to a Mytek Stereo 192 DAC has not proven to work.

Using the USB 1.1 connection, I get a lock, the files are showing that they are playing, but no audio is coming out.

Using the USB 2.0 connection is worse! I get no lock whatsoever. No combination of power cycling (of either Daphile or the DAC) get these two to talk.

I am certain that I am using the right USB connections on the back of the DAC, and certain that Daphile recognizes the DAC is there.

I can get Daphile into a mode (with USB 2.0) where it recognizes that it is a USB 2.0- connection, but requests to recycle the power again. The device at that time is named Mytek Stereo192-DSD USB2.

The last log file error shown in the Media Server log reads:
[18-01-11 01:16:53.3958] Slim::plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition failed

That doesn't look related, but maybe.

Wow, so any guesses would be appreciated. Are there other settings I should be considering?

Many thanks.

Hello.

I installed the 32-bit version daphile-17.09-i486.iso on to a 2007 Dell laptop. I am using this build as the processor only does 32-bit. Connecting it to a Mytek Stereo 192 DAC has not proven to work.

I re-flashed the BIOS over the weekend and reinstalled the software. This alleviates the problem where the software could not (properly) see the DAC.

But there is still no lock between the USB2 port and the Mytek DAC.
There is also no audio from my tablet this time as well.

What am I missing?

Hi ! New user here,

Consult the predecessors also have HD-DAC1 and Xingxer F1, your DSD music can play sound? If you can ask Aodio setup is how to adjust?

thank you very much!

Sorry to forget to mention, I use Daphile to play music.:)

I used Daphile 17.09 x86_rt for about six months, playing HD-DAC1 for decoding and headphone output (cans are HD-800 & T1) and everything is perfect and smooth (no matter in DSD Native or DoP mode) .
But recently wanted to try DAC1 coaxial input, then bought Xingxer FI DDC, after the combination of the sound does have some different flavors; the only regretfully is the DSD can not make a sound (after the Audio setup inside the three settings: Native, DoP & Conver DSD to PCM), regretfully can not do it like to play DSD music files.
Search the Internet after a round, I feel this forum is Daphile most professional and in-depth forum, so I would like to ask you predecessors DAC1 and Xingxer F1 experience, thank you predecessors!

Below attached my screenshots, please enlighten:

Attachments

• Daphile audio setup_S.jpg
    Daphile audio setup_S.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 645
  • Daphile info _S.jpg
    Daphile info _S.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 733
I re-flashed the BIOS over the weekend and reinstalled the software. This alleviates the problem where the software could not (properly) see the DAC.

But there is still no lock between the USB2 port and the Mytek DAC.
There is also no audio from my tablet this time as well.

What am I missing?

There are several reports on the last couple of pages, mine including, about USB audio issues in Daphile on older PCs. Other solutions (i.e. Volumio) appear to work fine on the same hardware. Looks like a Daphile issue if you were to ask me. Perhaps the author can chime in and offer some insight?

There are several reports on the last couple of pages, mine including, about USB audio issues in Daphile on older PCs. Other solutions (i.e. Volumio) appear to work fine on the same hardware. Looks like a Daphile issue if you were to ask me. Perhaps the author can chime in and offer some insight?
Thanks, gvl. Much appreciated. I really wanted this to work, especially using my tablet to connect to the server. Bummer. I'll take a look at Volumio.

Tonight was even more surprising, just to put a bow on this: In spite of the "no lock" message on the DAC, the VU meters were indicating that audio was playing. Of course, no sound.

Hello.
A little hassle.
I used Daphile on a Futro S900 with a AMD 1.200 Ghz CPU, 4GB RAM and an 8Gb MSata where it boots from.
Wanting to "upgrade" the system I recently bought a Futro S700, connected a USB Dac and use it as a player, while the S900 works as server.

Does it sound better? Maybe.

BUT now the S900 (server) does not "boot" whenever anything -like the usual hard disk containing the music- is connected via USB. And when it does, once the HD is unplugged and the system has restarted, it takes three minutes before becoming ready and visible to the player.
Did anyone experience this problem?
Greetings from Italy

mannaro

It looks your USB device has a higher priority than HDD. When inserted, bios tries to find its boot structure first, to give up after a while and continue with next device - HDD. I am using these thin clients (S900, S550) and so far they have booted fine from HDD with non-booting USB memory inserted.