• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module

Very nice Felice! I am finally planning my build after a long wait. Please share what is in each section.

Thanks. nash
Hi nash,
This is also my very long project too. It have following msections
1. 3 Power supply for dam19x1 is LT3045, 1 for eRed Dock also LT3045

2. Buffer Designed to use Sparkos Pro or Sonic Image Opamp, also powered by LT3045 too

3. controller section use Pi Zero 2W to drive 5inch LCD, serial line was isolated with dam19x1 by Si8641

Thanks

The 5 inch LCD was driven by Pi Zero 2W via HDMI, they create a lot of noise and affect to sound, so I have to isolate them by using Si8641,
_DSC5421.jpg

Hi, a strage issue come after the 1.24 firmware update, my DAM 1941 and 1921 not work, no green LED pop up after,
After some hour of investigation found it work only if the power applied after power (all other hardware) like the Pi, I really not understand why because it work automatic source selection as before and nothing change on the hardware,

Now it's time to release the dam2941, a backwards compatible update to the dam1941. It's in stock, and as I can actually get the used FPGA I expect it to stay in stock....
There isn't the big differences from the dam1941, just the new Lattice FPGA, it should be a direct replacement....
For now I only have the dam2941, later on I will probably also release a dam2921

Reactions: 3 users