• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module

Now it's time to release the dam2941, a backwards compatible update to the dam1941. It's in stock, and as I can actually get the used FPGA I expect it to stay in stock....
There isn't the big differences from the dam1941, just the new Lattice FPGA, it should be a direct replacement....
For now I only have the dam2941, later on I will probably also release a dam2921
Any timeline on the dam2921.... Looks like a fun project!!!
Oscar, Copenhagen

Now it's time to release the dam2941, a backwards compatible update to the dam1941. It's in stock, and as I can actually get the used FPGA I expect it to stay in stock....
There isn't the big differences from the dam1941, just the new Lattice FPGA, it should be a direct replacement....
For now I only have the dam2941, later on I will probably also release a dam2921
Hi Soekris, do you still have the 2941 in offer? I just ordered two boards but I don't see confirmation and invoice. Maybe I'm a bit impatient ;-) BR Jacek.

Does this impact the existing dam 1941s (mod, upgrade, etc.)?

Hello All.
I have received my dam2941 board. Thank you Soren.
I am preparing a network player design using dam2941 and RPi CM4. I'm curious if setting the RPi I2S in slave mode (using additional oscillators for 44.1 and for 48kHz domains) makes sense since the dam2941 has a FIFO buffer and its own clock? Would you advise?

it is possible to use external i2s module
The amanero works well as a plug-and-play with my dam1021 and I expect the same with the dam1121 (including the Silicon Labs isolator in between). Actually, the RPI USB + Amanero + dam1021, although it makes the long way around, sounds better than the direct I2S stream between the RPI GPIO and the Amanero.

Best,
Miklos

Hi,
i have a problem with dam2941. it is loosing locking during playback. green diode start to blink for second or less and music stops to play for 1 second or less. it is happen several times during one track . i try to change streamers and inputs in dac and unfortunately it is no solution. i have no support from Soekris. He simply does not answer to my emails. Maybe some of you had similar problem?