• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Quanghao.

I'm number 27 on the wish list.

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
2. bsy020 - Option 6 full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer output
3. Abszero!
4. Gugi 100 (dacboard, output board, chassis)
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
7. ivigueras: 1 + 2 + 3 (DAC, DD output stage, chassis)
8. Djauweh - Option 9 Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
9. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
10. bamarek - option 6 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684
11. Sugden (option 9) Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
12. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
13. mjensen (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
14.ingemar (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
15.Gergar- (option 9) - complete Dac with LL1684 + 2 DD output + Op-amp output
16.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
17. Losflacos (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
18. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
19. akltam (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V) + remote control
20. Thom - Assembled kit without any output stage (1+3+4+5) + aluminium remote (I will use my own output stage).
21. Alexkosha (option 9) -> complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (115V) + Aluminum remote control
22. ruteksen (option 2 + 5) -> output stage + amanero
23. mirza - option 9 completed & assembled DAC with LL 1684 - 230V, aluminium remote controle
24. Artur5 -DAC module + Amanero.
25. Myint67- option 9 complete &assembled dad with ll 1684 -230v aluminium remote control
26. marcus1 (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V)
27. nick696 - (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control

Hi Quanghao.

I'm number 27 on the wish list.

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
2. bsy020 - Option 6 full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer output
3. Abszero!
4. Gugi 100 (dacboard, output board, chassis)
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
7. ivigueras: 1 + 2 + 3 (DAC, DD output stage, chassis)
8. Djauweh - Option 9 Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
9. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
10. bamarek - option 6 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684
11. Sugden (option 9) Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
12. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
13. mjensen (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
14.ingemar (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
15.Gergar- (option 9) - complete Dac with LL1684 + 2 DD output + Op-amp output
16.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
17. Losflacos (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
18. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
19. akltam (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V) + remote control
20. Thom - Assembled kit without any output stage (1+3+4+5) + aluminium remote (I will use my own output stage).
21. Alexkosha (option 9) -> complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (115V) + Aluminum remote control
22. ruteksen (option 2 + 5) -> output stage + amanero
23. mirza - option 9 completed & assembled DAC with LL 1684 - 230V, aluminium remote controle
24. Artur5 -DAC module + Amanero.
25. Myint67- option 9 complete &assembled dad with ll 1684 -230v aluminium remote control
26. marcus1 (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V)
27. nick696 - (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
28. Audioheaven option 1-2-5

The User manual is just gorgeous, very professional, excellent job Caad.

However the Bal/Unbal feature mentioned in the manual at page 5 by pressing S+ S- at the same time doesn't seem to work on this DAC version. Are your sure it is still applicable to the Dac ver2?

Thanks...
SB

Hi

Thank you for verify this:
You are correct:
On Remote: Push "SET"
On front panel: push S- and S+ at the same time to unbal or bal.
On Remote: push "DSP"--> "SET"

I will update the User manual and upload to forum later this weekend.

Br
CAAD

I installed a headphone output on the DAC, solid-state I/V type. The DAC drive my AKG without problem.

Is it possible to have a headphone output with the Lundahl LL1684 output stage or just with the solid-state I/V stage as above and photo's below?

Also, just to give me a rough idea of timing; approximately how long did it take for assembly/delivery from the last group buy after payment had been made?

Thanks

Attachments

• Img_7336.jpg
    Img_7336.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Img_7335.jpg
    Img_7335.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 336
  • Img_7337.jpg
    Img_7337.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Hi Caad. I tried the new procedure and it works on the DAC display, showing UnBal BUT the DAC output stop on both outputs Bal and Unbal...

Maybe this software feature is not applicable for the new IV stage. Check with quanghao please. Thanks...

SB

Hi..
Regarding Bal / Unbal mode. This is the output from the DAC chip(ES9018) not the Analog output of the DAC unit.
The ES9018 has 8pcs analog outputs in total.
in the HQ reference DAc these outputs are combined so there is 4pcs output for left side and 4 pcs output for right side (Stereo)

Unbal mode: The 4pcs output all in parallel and because the Solid state analog stage is True Balanced then there will NOT come any sound out of the analog modules.
You can use this mode if you uses the ES9018 output as single ended.

Bal mode: The 4pcs ES9018 output are now divided in to 2pcs in parallels and these are in phase 0 dgr and phase 180dgr.

When the display shows Bal then the solid state Analog module plays both via the RCA and the XLR output.

I hope this did answer your question?

Anyway: I will include this in the user manual

Br
Caad.

Last edited:
Power amplifier input impedance

I want to directly connect the DAC-END R v2 to my Jeff Rowland Model 1 power amplifier.
The input impedance of this amplifier is adjustable to 600, 20K or 100K ohms.
Which of this values is the more appropriate for a single-ended connection?
And which is the best choice for a balanced connection?

I want to directly connect the DAC-END R v2 to my Jeff Rowland Model 1 power amplifier.
The input impedance of this amplifier is adjustable to 600, 20K or 100K ohms.
Which of this values is the more appropriate for a single-ended connection?
And which is the best choice for a balanced connection?

Hi,

I would try the 600R input first..
The DAC R have no problems driving 600R loads.

Br
Caad

I did my own transformer PCB, fully compatible with the DAC 120/240V switch. Fully dual mono with separate digital section transformer. Here in Quebec, Canada AC main voltage is 120V. With the Telema transformers I used (25VA per channel), 18V secondaries was giving a too high secondary voltageat 21Vac instead of 18Vac. Using the 15Vac model gave me a nice 17.8Vac. Next update, replacing the I/V resistors with Caddock MK132 ;)

Attachments

• Transfo_1.JPG
    Transfo_1.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 327
  • Transfo_2.JPG
    Transfo_2.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.