DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

This is what I gathered from Lyuben of JLSOUNDS before I ordered the DAC board from JLCPCB. I will have to confirm it when my board arrives.

Attachments

• 1694193222675.png
    1694193222675.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: 2 users
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
@miro : the cap is inside in the non A. I do not know the value and surmise the leads to be active too iirc Rogic or John maybe.

Something beween 470 to 820 pF I assume. I would go with 0.1 uF for the 14 DEM caps.
If the leads are internaly connected to the circuit ...then you know what 2 parrallel caps do. I bet for 470 pF.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@rehanabid Exactly as @diyiggy mentioned, you can use the non A TDA1541, but without the C15 capacitor (if the pins 16-17 are not internally connected in the chip, you can mount the capacitor, but I don't have this information) :)
@diyiggy

Thank you both, come to think of it might give PIN 15-16 a try on LCR tester, may be will get some reading on capacitance.

On a separate note not related to this DAC, I decided not to trash the sacrificial SONY CDP-750 put in a 8 parallel TDA1387 chip as a replacement of TDA1541, replaced the old dual operational amp (5218 I think) with my favorite LME49720, Wallah, it sings but the problem is that even on first click of the power amp volume the output is like full, which to me seems like the output RMS of the CDP has increased significantly due to parallel OP-AMPs.

I remember long time ago I read a thread on this board when 4 or 6 TDA1543 were used in parallel the output current (i think) had to be limited via circuitry, any ideas how to limit output of CDP/TDA1387 parallel. I reduced the feedback resistor of OP AMP but it still doesn't seem to work. creating a new thread for the purpose seemed a bit inefficient to me many of the experts are already regular visitor to this one.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Or just test both 14 DEM caps capacitance values without soldering the caps untill you are sure. When in the vias it usually works. So you can both test miro's bom and TDA1541 (non A) datasheet about the 14 DEM caps capacitance values and keep what you prefer according how it is blending with the non A.

Reactions: 1 user
I would advise against that. Yes there is a little bit contact resistance, yes soldering is the best way to connect, BUT, you could overheat the chip by soldering, and having it as a hot swap, outweights benefits and risks that soldering these rare chips bring :) Use mill max sockets in your builds, and you won't notice the difference.

Reactions: 1 user