DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Hello everyone

I plan to make a streamer based on Raspberry Pi and one of the DACs of the Miro project (I have parts and PCBs for several projects - I just lack time ;-) )
There is no problem with the DAC - everything is described and explained in detail (thanks Miro and everyone - great job)

My question is this: which is better to use connected to Rpi:

1) I2S over USB by Jlound

2) I2S to PCM by IanCanada (I have Kali Reclocker for this - but no information if Kali will work with Ian's board)

Thanks for your help

Z.

Done TDA1541A !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: 11 users
True. But having spent much money on trying most of the stuff on the market (not yet ready to spend money on weiss) with this dac, i guess i'm entitled enough to write my experience 😅 But as nixie said, it's what plays to you what is the best. Wish it sounded better to me as well, i'd have saved money 😊 Luckily opa 1656 sounds really close, so i end up swapping when i feel like a little bit of change. Go figure, it's cheaper than 1611 :) Till i bite the bullet and make tube stage 😁

Reactions: 1 user
Guys, does anyone tried 1865 or 1862 with digital filter? Recently I was compared my dac 1865 with another one but through DF from Yamaha. He recognize only two (44 and 48KHz) but sounding a somewhat differently - more compactly and flat. So, Nos version is better.
Buy the way - I also saw my 1702 Dac (at friend) but the board was with defect - need to order the new board. It's shame:(

It's not quite like that, if you hit on a good DF sound it can really be good and in my opinion much better than NOS sound.
The other thing is that before there were all kinds of DFs on the market but only a few are worthy of attention, I also got the SM5842 for one of the future tests.

Attachments

• npc.jpg
    npc.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 89
  • pmd.jpg
    pmd.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 94
I'm still old-fashioned , red book or HDD via coax to DIR9001, God forbid USB in my hi-fi system
Everything I listen to is from CD, I have Rotel CD and LG blue ray as transport and in rare cases HDD so I have no need for USB connection. I don't know what will happen in the future, maybe I will submit to worse sound via USB.

Last edited:
I'm still old-fashioned , red book or HDD via coax to DIR9001, God forbid USB in my hi-fi system
Everything I listen to is from CD, I have Rotel CD and LG blue ray as transport and in rare cases HDD so I have no need for USB connection. I don't know what will happen in the future, maybe I will submit to worse sound via USB.
You should give jlsounds board a try :) I don't find usb inferior with it.

Reactions: 1 users