DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Is there any alternatives to the recomended I/V stage opamps that are THT (DIP8)? The OPA627 is very expensive and the LM6171 seems to have higher distortion than the other opamps. Has anyone tried a AD811 based I/V stage with the AD1862, I think it needs a resistor between the current summing junction and the inverting input and a 2.2 nF feedback capacitor.

Is there any alternatives to the recomended I/V stage opamps that are THT (DIP8)? The OPA627 is very expensive and the LM6171 seems to have higher distortion than the other opamps. Has anyone tried a AD811 based I/V stage with the AD1862, I think it needs a resistor between the current summing junction and the inverting input and a 2.2 nF feedback capacitor.
I don't know about the AD1862, I just haven't made it yet, just like I haven't made the TDA1541 either. :ROFLMAO:

For PCM63, Burson V6 Classic has performed best so far.

For AD1865 and PCM1702, Burson V5 (old model) and Sparkos SS3601 sound best to me.

Of all that, tubes are the best, whoever has the will and desire to use them. :giggle:

I'm glad you're considering an I/V conversion solution with the AD811. In my opinion, it is the best solution and at the same time the simplest, but it requires a top-quality power supply and a well-designed PCB since it is a video op-amp. No capacitor is needed at the output, and a sufficiently large current and low impedance of the AD811 can directly drive any amplifier.
Some useful information.

Reactions: 3 users
I tried this OPA861 IV schematic by @Vunce with good result, you may take a look

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...st-tht-i2s-input-nos-r-2r.354078/post-6286307

PCB manufacturing files here,

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/dac-ad1862-almost-tht-i2s-input-nos-r-2r.354078/page-71#post-6516751

Reactions: 1 user
Me again. :ROFLMAO:
I need a link for the final version of AD1862 with JLS card. I have nothing but this picture.
And of course I got the PCB. :sneaky:

Attachments

• viber_image_2023-06-05_13-18-18-365.jpg
    viber_image_2023-06-05_13-18-18-365.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 104
I always doubt myself when it comes to this (psychoacoustics are a big factor), hence i always like to have someone else confirm or disagree with my observations. This was night and day difference, but i still had a listen with people i trust in. Confirmed. Then removed, and it literally was like going from slums to royal chambers.