DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

PCM1702-K in operation. :radar:
Shift registers are HCT, but at the start, 1702 refused to work. Then @Brijac reminded me that there might be a fault on the GND pins of the I2S connector, like on the PCM63 board, and there really is. I had to connect pin 8 to pin 7 because pin 8 is the GND of my I2S cable. Without it, it just crumbles. Above it says GND on the board for pin 8, but below it is not connected, I missed it.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1702 A.jpg
    1702 A.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 1702 B.jpg
    1702 B.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: 2 users
Adjusted as per TI sheet, and sound wise i hear no difference. Temperature wise, same. So no oscillations, or audible noise.

But doesn't hurt, so as seen in the picture it is easy to configure.
20230618_190451.jpg
And again, no real need for this, just use dual to dual single adapter and save money :) It can be even more benefitial if there are fast opamps used due to much better decoupling (that adapter has dcpl capacitors at voltage pins).

I was fiddling with these adapters last night. For the Muses 02 and unused half of it I chose a two-resistor scheme, so I can try some other non-unity gain stable OPA. I had some of these miniature 4k7 and 1k5 on hand, that should be safe for any OPA (gain 3.13). For the GND point I used the +input of the active half (pin 3). @Brijac tried unity stable schematics, no resistors. I hope I can try it all tonight.

Attachments

• Unused OPA.jpg
    Unused OPA.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Adapter 1.jpg
    Adapter 1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Adapter 2.jpg
    Adapter 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Adapter 3.jpg
    Adapter 3.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: 1 users
V1.1 done 😁 In case of unity gain opamp used, no resistors are needed, only the pads of first one from top need to be bridged. In case of non unity gain opamps, both resistor slots need to be filled with required value resistor (by default 10kohm). These should fit all cases in regards to miros dacs, as IN+ is shorted to ground.
dtm2.JPG

As usual, gerbers will be available when it's tested/tripple checked.

Reactions: 1 user