DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Bravo Miro, that is not easy to make a TDA1541A project... this chip is a little diva able of the best as the worst according the layout and surrounding !

Just a tip though, if the big caps are the ones for the DEM, the sounding quality will profit of a very less inductance, i.e. reduced length between cap legs...

Also the Taiwann 97 you have is on the clear and has more ligth in the sound (not being brigth tough) than the current younger model most of people own... voicing with parts is different. Yours should mix fine with the little velvett sound of the opa627 but maybe too ligth with your usual LM reference ! Be aware, the rythmic section of this particular Taiwann since done well in the power supply is addictive... it digged them all I heard, discrete R2R were old donkeys there in front of that wilde horse :) !
It was not easy, especially the Miro's army of perfect bits LOOL :ROFLMAO: a lot had to be done, tested and tweaked manually as the simulators did not work correctly here :headbash:
You was the main motivator for this DAC, so the thread can thank you :cheers:

Reactions: 1 user
@EUVL when everything is cold and right after start up the drift is 5mV (I used 750R Riv ... 1uA DC is 0.75mV ... so maybe 7uA) ... as it all heats up, it goes down to or under 1mV :)
... for me it is hard to measure the offset current of the TDA because the regulator also get slightly warm and this can affect the offset :unsure:

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Of course not I did nothing. People must say thanks to you. that's a very good job you did to compare nos dac chips. And I also think it can be the base of a very musical system... I just tested the ad1862 versions and they sounds great with a simple oaps and certainly better will all the furthest analog outputs contributions and with free donation for people of the gerbers you made possible. That's rare and the world suddenly is better like that with peace and music!

edit : that TDA1541A dac chip late production date and origine is a very good one, amongst the best produced with the crowned one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
Paid Member
For those interested in this project, I have on offer 13, special edition, hand-painted, TD1541A "Triple Crowns". Each of them was lovingly named. Given their rarity and exclusivity, pricing is as follows:

Sir Barton - 1919 USD
Gallant Fox - 1930 USD
Omaha - 1935 USD
War Admiral - 1937 USD
Whirlaway - 1941 USD
Count Fleet 1943 USD
Assault - 1946 USD
Citation - 1948 USD
Secretariat - 1973 USD
Seattle Slew - 1977 USD.
Affirmed - 1978 USD
American Pharoah - 2015 USD
Justify - 2018 USD

Contact anyone other than me via PM for this exclusive, never the likes of which will be seen again, special, offer.

:cheers: :rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I have this one named HarryOnElisabethShoulders - xxxxx E (call for details)

Forged in the Destiny mountain.

Attachments

• TB1uuCeLpXXXXXiXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x400.jpg
    TB1uuCeLpXXXXXiXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x400.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 89
I2S to Simultaneous for TDA1541A by miro1360

I share separated input part for TDA1541A (it is the input digital logic alone from my TDA1541A DAC).
It may be helpful for someone who has a DAC or a device with TDA1541A in I2S mode or with digital filter, and want it simultaneous without digital filter.

• all logic ICs are 74HCTxx type
  • start the build with wire jumpers (let paper thin space between wire jumper and PCB)
  • triple check everything (especially solder joints (cold joints, bridges), logic ICs positions)
  • make sure that the pin 27 on your TDA1541A board is connected with -5V (pin 26) to activate the simultaneous mode

Attachments

• diyAudio_I2S-to-Simultaneous_for_TDA1541A_2022-10-30.zip
    481.5 KB · Views: 145
  • diyAudio_I2S-to-Simultaneous_for_TDA1541A_BOM.jpg
    diyAudio_I2S-to-Simultaneous_for_TDA1541A_BOM.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 406
  • diyAudio_I2S-to-Simultaneous_for_TDA1541A_PCB.jpg
    diyAudio_I2S-to-Simultaneous_for_TDA1541A_PCB.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 417
  • diyAudio_I2S-to-Simultaneous_for_TDA1541A_Schematic.jpg
    diyAudio_I2S-to-Simultaneous_for_TDA1541A_Schematic.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 414
Reactions: 2 users
I2S to Simultaneous for TDA1541A by miro1360

I share separated input part for TDA1541A (it is the input digital logic alone from my TDA1541A DAC).
It may be helpful for someone who has a DAC or a device with TDA1541A in I2S mode or with digital filter, and want it simultaneous without digital filter.

• all logic ICs are 74HCTxx type
  • start the build with wire jumpers (let paper thin space between wire jumper and PCB)
  • triple check everything (especially solder joints (cold joints, bridges), logic ICs positions)
  • make sure that the pin 27 on your TDA1541A board is connected with -5V (pin 26) to activate the simultaneous mode
You are God sent.