DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Thanks @miro1360.

At times I feel lucky to have purchased some high end part almost 10-15 years ago and that included AD1865, AD1955, AD1862, LME49720HA, OPA627 Can type, directly from the distributors now I see ebay, aliexpress, bangood and many european sites infested with fake parts.

AD1865 based DAC is in process, redesigning the board with more room so that I could plug in Burson or use AD8610 in place of current OP AMPS. Will complete it as soon as I populate and start operating my own PCB designs off Bugle2 Phono preamp.

But thanks for the reply.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
you still can buying ad1862 on chineese sites, but it is now ridiculous expensive, as expensive if not more than Rochester which are unused parts with premium guranty, since this project increase the purchases. I assume an AI on Alibaba is detecting that and informs their sellers customers.

I bought two at the beginning of the project but alas one had a broken leg from the the inside of the plastic body, so impossible to fix ! So at your own risk, you can also have close parts rebadged as the fakers, and I made an wording fault here, still exist and make up chips body marking... I assume some could sell their mother if they can...:mad:

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
believe me I tried, it was deep inside, and I scratched, could see the substract but nothing could be soldered ! Well I have to rebuy one to use the one which is said to be good as it's a pair of dac chip !

But the good news behind that is I purchased this time two good one from Rochester via Paddy Garcia to be sure to have good ones not risking with China seller anymore. I have already a pair from Rochester I purchased some times ago for the Painkiller discret Rogic IV with that chip, but I absolutly wanted a new onefrom Miro's cool design with oaps.

It's like the tda1541 dacs I have, I have a S1 single Crown offered by a gentleman living in Indonesia, Sumotan member, as I have late Taiwan made ones sounding different yet... a good chip is still important fore a good dac and so is the ad1862, if genuine, too :)

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Another AD1862 DAC is up and running :)
Up to now just driven directly by a Pi, so far from fancy, but running. Will add FifoPi with nice clocks and well made PSU.
THANKS Miro for this!
AD1862 from China are working. So they should work in EASYDAC as well...
BTW, the LED does not work, but voltage is OK.
Yet strange is, that both channels play the left channel signal. Headscrath... No right channel available.

Cheers, Ernst
View attachment 947910

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
pics

Here they are. Good morning :)

Attachments

• D7K_4406.jpg
    D7K_4406.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 263
  • D7K_4408.jpg