Cyrus CD7 repair

At last a conclusion to the story of my Cyrus CD7 (2002), the unit with a "No Disc Error".
My unit had it's laser module replaced (1201L3) with a VAM1201 and the transport system including micro switches have been serviced and reset.
The machine was then used as a source unit for several days, without the base cover fitted, my technician was really pleased his tenacity had paid off and he prepared the CD for return. Unfortunately when the unit was fully assembled the "no disc error" came back as an intermittent problem, and returned to me as Not repairable.
When I brought it home I removed the base cover and discovered that the PCB shown was very tight to the base cover and the small orange capacitor in the middle of the board was bent flat into the circuit board (potentially shorting!). I lifted the capacitor clear and upright, used a 4mm edging foam strip around the outside edge of the base lid raising it clear from circuitry. Put the unit back into my Hifi system and set to play some CD's - 3 days later and numerous sessions using up to 25 CD's and all is well.
I have to thank all the contributors who spurred me on to attempt as many options as possible to revive my old player.

During this journey, I have been reviewing my unit's replacement, and the Cyrus CDi looks like a step up improvement on my current unit (22 years old) and expecting big a technology change, any thoughts on this thread would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20240425_104710870_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240425_104710870_HDR.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 9