Cyrus 1 project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hope too:)
not sure i fully understand this ,
if the reply is pertinent to the issues in the thread wouldn't the thread become more useful to someone searching for answers to a similar problem?

like it groups it all together, instead of disconnected snippets ?

promise I'm not arguing , just a bit puzzled !?

I mean would it really be more helpful to start a new thread entitled

"I think the cyrus one manual specifies 8-22mV across 107a"

?

not sure i fully understand this ,
if the reply is pertinent to the issues in the thread wouldn't the thread become more useful to someone searching for answers to a similar problem?

like it groups it all together, instead of disconnected snippets ?

promise I'm not arguing , just a bit puzzled !?

I mean would it really be more helpful to start a new thread entitled

"I think the cyrus one manual specifies 8-22mV across 107a"

?
I agree that using an old relevant Thread to show new solutions is a good way to keep information readily accessible.

I searched "cyrus 1" and it came back with 722 Threads.
Where do we start looking?

I agree that using an old relevant Thread to show new solutions is a good way to keep information readily accessible.

I searched "cyrus 1" and it came back with 722 Threads.
Where do we start looking?
I was just thinking about what i would've found most useful i suppose.

I'm guessing threads could be corralled after the event by a moderator , eg into one "cyrus 1 burned out, how do i fix it ?"
and others for different cyrus 1 questions eg "upgrading" "modifying" etc

anyway this forum is a treasure trove of helpful info and a host of helpful people willing to advise and encourage.

other a nice problem to have :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It would probably be better if a member started a new thread and include the pertinent information that most people would be looking for.

The thread should begin with a list of required test instruments so that there is no confusion over whether someone should attempt doing the work without the minimum equipment or not. I like to gage the likelihood of a successful repair by the knowledge and practical equipment someone may have. There is no point in ruining a unit because someone wants to do the work themselves, but are not capable of doing the job. It's always sad to see equipment that has been damaged by repair or modification attempt.

-Chris

It would probably be better if a member started a new thread and include the pertinent information that most people would be looking for.

The thread should begin with a list of required test instruments so that there is no confusion over whether someone should attempt doing the work without the minimum equipment or not. I like to gage the likelihood of a successful repair by the knowledge and practical equipment someone may have. There is no point in ruining a unit because someone wants to do the work themselves, but are not capable of doing the job. It's always sad to see equipment that has been damaged by repair or modification attempt.

-Chris
Thanks Chris !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.