Custom Zaph Audio ZRT 2 way build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Measurements

Hello all,

I was able to get my hands on a UMM-6 and have been playing around with REW for a little bit now and have been able to produce some graphs that should hopefully be useful for analysis. Based on some initial testing I discovered that stuffing the vent with Acoustastuff and Acoustic foam has helped to decrease floor bounce dip after 150 Hz. I made a quick and dirty 10" stand, which was recommended to aid in the floor bounce as well; the right channel testing is largely showing the difference with and without the stand.

Attachment 1: Stereo Frequency response, Mic at at listening position

Attachment 2: Stereo Spectrogram, Mic at listening position

Attachment 3: Stereo Waterfall, Mic At Listening Position

Attachment 4:Right Channel Only, 10" Stand

Attachment 5: Right Channel Only, No stand

Attachment 6: Right Channel Only, @ 36 Inches, centered between woofer/tweeter, 10" Stand vs. No stand.

I am sure that my tests can be improved upon, but hopefully they should be sufficient for preliminary analysis of performance. All graphs have 1/6 octave smoothing on.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Attachments

• zrt 1.jpg
    zrt 1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 205
  • spectogram 1.jpg
    spectogram 1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 202
  • waterfall 1.jpg
    waterfall 1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 10 inch stand.jpg
    10 inch stand.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 199
  • no stand.jpg
    no stand.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 36 inch, 10 inch stand vs. no stand.jpg
    36 inch, 10 inch stand vs. no stand.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 78
Hi XRK971,

This is the original TL enclosure, but I have experimented with filling the port with a combination of acousta-stuff and acoustic foam; This is as good as I have gotten it thus far. The first three attachments in my previous post are with both left/right speakers.

The position on the mic is approximately 6.5-7 feet from either speaker, and the speakers are approximately 1 ft from the back wall, but as you can see from the attached picture, the space behind the speakers is an interesting shape. The last three attachments in my previous post are just the right speaker; the tests show the results of using as is and with a 10" stand.

I did, but didn't save any of the data or the REW file, they for the most part were pretty similar to the predicted responses that you posted, though I would say a little bit better in terms of the dip in the frequency response.

Ill take some more measurements of the enclosures without the stuffing in the near future.

I am happy with the way these sound, they are truly a great sounding pair of speakers, especially after the addition of the foam and stuffing to the TL/port.

I am not sure if I want to open them up and make the changes to convert them to a BR. I think I will listen to them as is for a while before I decide to make any changes.

I do know that I would like to add a sub or pair of stereo subs in the future though, bass is decent on these, but it would be nice to have some more lows.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.