Cubie2

Obviously, nobody else built both. The amp you linked needs polishing anyway - I've built it just out of curiosity, as a quick prototype/proof of concept. Serious build would call for more than a few changes and I don't have enough free time for all the promising projects...

Obviously, nobody else built both. The amp you linked needs polishing anyway - I've built it just out of curiosity, as a quick prototype/proof of concept. Serious build would call for more than a few changes and I don't have enough free time for all the promising projects...

Juma, I'd like to think you are joking. I have built the amp I linked but not the Cubie series. I only needed to separate supply for the Front End. It is a phenomenal amp. Juma, thanks for your great work. If I can just give some pointers for improvements, I can experiment.

Irritating. Just finished my F4 with a SET Flea Powered Tube front end. Cubie 2 is better. My run at the absolute sound is thwarted by Cubie 2. Damn you, juma. :)
At least I own Cubie 2. Nobody is going to run off home with it. It is s-o-o-o-o right. Everything else is slightly compromised. Thanks, juma!!!!!

Lateral Mosfets and Jfets are close enough to extinct parts for me! Easier to get tubes! It's uncanny how good it is. Freaking awesome. I'm going to use the laterals and jfets out of Cubie to make another two channels of Cubie 2. I'll have a four channel Cubie 2, just right for bi-amping. I don't know what I'll do with my F5 and new F4. Not really powerful enough for subwoofer use, tho' I'll give it a shot. People should build themselves a Cubie 2. It's it. (Probably not for metal, unless you have horns.)

... (Probably not for metal, unless you have horns.)
Like this ? :rofl:
10090639-cartoon-illustration-of-a-grinning-devil-character-with-heavy-metal-rock-and-roll-devil-horns-hand-s.jpg

Ok, wild speculation time. I'm not an EE, and have no test gear other than a multimeter. Cubie 2 started what I assume is oscillation. Sort of a trill or "flutter" distortion. Could be thermally related. Stock "Pass" FW power supply. Circuit has cap at input and (100?) pF cap. Any stupid human tricks I might try to get my favorite amp back? I'd love to hook it up to an oscope and look at it intelligently and knowingly, but alas, that is not an option. Thanks!!!