Cubie2

That's OK. Obviously something went wrong - check current through JFETs by measuring voltage drop on R10/R12.
Then check the current through second branch by measuring voltage drop over R11/R13.
Also check the voltage between the gates of the output MOSFETs, should be about 3-3.5V. Then check the Id through them the same way you did when adjusting the bias.
All BJTs should have about 0.7V Vbe.
Compare all measured data between good and the bad channel.
If both channels developed this distortion than the problem lies in that what they have in common - the PSU. Once more, check all wires, connections, joints, isolation between MOSFETs and heatsink...

Just out of curiosity, what would you image would burn out? I fried a couple of rectifier diodes during "refit", but that was a separate stupid human trick. Power supply was not hooked to amp when the spark/snick sound alerted me to the fact that it was still powered up. I really dislike that sound!:D

No, that's a sign of weakness - not having a trust in one's own build. :D

OTOH, nothing is foolproof - cable conection might develop a shortcircuit, faulty source component might produce significant DC at its output... When you start to doubt, you'd better use protection, even at a price of somewhat less enjoyable user experience... :D

Is it detrimental to sub a 1 uF cap in place of the 470nF cap? I have the 1uF cap but would have to order the 470nF. I could series two 1uF if needed, or I could order the correct part. If I order, which one? The stacked ceramic are nice and small, but what is best for sound? Thank you!!!:cubist: