CSR8675 programming guide w software and tons of CSR info

I don't personally manage the verified account but have access to everything that can be downloaded after verification
I think there's two levels of verification with their site; my account was verified the first time after contacting their representative and we were able to download ADK toolkit 1.2.9.25. I don't think there's been any payment at this point
We downloaded the MDE installer as well but I haven't checked it out yet. I have a good guess that's the IDE but haven't confirmed yet. I hope this means my guess was correct.
We were not able to find any source code related to QCC51xx series

When you say source is on the Qualcomm website, do you mean it will only be accessible after we pay for a membership? Previously when we installed ADK for CSR8675 it came with all the sample programs as well. Is that not the case now? We got the ADK software on an sdcard and were allowed access to it's updated versions on the website, when we bought the CSR8675 development board. If we buy a QCC development board will we get similar access, or does Qualcomm do things differently?

Is there something other than ADK toolkit 1.2.9.25 that I need to get started with this? Is "ADK_QCC512X_QCC302X_WIN_6.4.2.26" (or some updated version of this) what I need?
Do you know what is their difference from the earlier 5121?
Yes, MDE is IDE. It is definitely possible to compile firmware without it, but it's not that convenient. They do have an emulator included with ADK (some parts are actually inside of the firmware directories)
They do have subdomains such as https://chipcode.qti.qualcomm.com/ and https://createpoint.qti.qualcomm.com/dashboard/public/productkit
As far as I know, it's the place to download the firmware. In past (QCC512x), firmware sources were included into ADK (6.x versions), but now they are separated.
Not sure if you will need to pay them for that, I got everything from 52bluetooth, so haven't had to deal with that.
There's some hardware difference between qcc512x and 4x+, as well as firmware structure differs a lot.

I would prefer to use modules (such as BTM544, BTM551), they could be bought on AliExpress for relatively cheap (~20$). It may be stated about LDAC in the description, but it's not true (at least until I'll make it work).
I also routed simple board for BTM551 module (not tested though), which allows it to be inserted on cheap AliExpress QCC5144 dev board (so it will replace QCC5144 module), will share it on GitHub as soon as I'll test it.

Hello, my name is Marco,
I'm currently trying to modify a JBL Bluetooth-Box with CSR8675 by adapting the DSP to my needs.
I've already read the whole thread. However I could find out if this is doable. The rest of the software shall remain as is to keep the Connect+ feature. Has anyone of you tried this before? Or have someone experience with the JBL bluetooth chips/ firmware?

Thanks in advance

Hello thank you so much for your reply, i am still really butting my head against the wall with this one. i am getting somewhere slowly i think. The CVC program now responds with (see the attached photo). to me that says the program is recognising the algorithm but cannot open it because its not supported. does this mean i need a more updated ADK file? or have i burnt out the spi programmer maybe?

Again thanks for any help that can be given. This is the last piece to my project and i'm struggling.
"The algorithm connected to USB SPI (1000584) identifies itself as E007 @ 44100 Hz, for which there is no available support."

It took me quite some years to figure it out, but here we go:
The solution is to use the right ADK version.

Device ID ---------->ADK Version
E00F-----------------> CSR867x 4.4.0.21
----------------------> CSR867x 4.4.0.17
---------------------->CSR867x 4.3.1.5
E007----------------->ADK 2.5.1
E008----------------->ADK 3.5.1
E00A----------------->ADK 2.4.1641
E00E------------------> QCC300x 1.0.167
E00D------------------>CSR867x 4.2

Thanks to Eric you can download the needed software here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...p8KTWTMd3H

Flashing new Firmware didn't change the device ID. You need the version of the ADK your firmware was built with.

Last edited:
Yes, MDE is IDE. It is definitely possible to compile firmware without it, but it's not that convenient. They do have an emulator included with ADK (some parts are actually inside of the firmware directories)
They do have subdomains such as https://chipcode.qti.qualcomm.com/ and https://createpoint.qti.qualcomm.com/dashboard/public/productkit
As far as I know, it's the place to download the firmware. In past (QCC512x), firmware sources were included into ADK (6.x versions), but now they are separated.
Not sure if you will need to pay them for that, I got everything from 52bluetooth, so haven't had to deal with that.
There's some hardware difference between qcc512x and 4x+, as well as firmware structure differs a lot.

I would prefer to use modules (such as BTM544, BTM551), they could be bought on AliExpress for relatively cheap (~20$). It may be stated about LDAC in the description, but it's not true (at least until I'll make it work).
I also routed simple board for BTM551 module (not tested though), which allows it to be inserted on cheap AliExpress QCC5144 dev board (so it will replace QCC5144 module), will share it on GitHub as soon as I'll test it.
Did you manage to obtain a QCC512X adk somehow? Googling around and only finding some chinsese login+paywalled sites atm. Digging down into the update files of a device based on that chip atm and they changed the format in comparison to the previous versions.

Did you manage to obtain a QCC512X adk somehow? Googling around and only finding some chinsese login+paywalled sites atm. Digging down into the update files of a device based on that chip atm and they changed the format in comparison to the previous versions.
QCC51xx series has completely new CPU/DSP architecture. It is 32 bit, with byte addressing. CSR8xxx was 24 bit, with char (CHAR_BITS==24) addressing. So this is kinda expected that they changed a lot (not everything though).
You could search on GitHub for ADK6.4 or register on 52bluetooth (it is possible to do it without paying, just press red (not sure, it was somewhere in the corned) text on registration page for code).
But I would strongly discourage you of even spending time with this SoC if energy efficiency isn't your main concern. For example, I'm doing headset with same functionality as WH-1000XM4 (yes, including LDAC. It is the only thing that works now), so battery life is important.
QCC5144/51 aren't the best options either, but at least they are supported now. This is one of the reasons I went for them

QCC51xx series has completely new CPU/DSP architecture. It is 32 bit, with byte addressing. CSR8xxx was 24 bit, with char (CHAR_BITS==24) addressing. So this is kinda expected that they changed a lot (not everything though).
You could search on GitHub for ADK6.4 or register on 52bluetooth (it is possible to do it without paying, just press red (not sure, it was somewhere in the corned) text on registration page for code).
But I would strongly discourage you of even spending time with this SoC if energy efficiency isn't your main concern. For example, I'm doing headset with same functionality as WH-1000XM4 (yes, including LDAC. It is the only thing that works now), so battery life is important.
QCC5144/51 aren't the best options either, but at least they are supported now. This is one of the reasons I went for them
Its mainly reverse engineering. having the tools makes it much easier, especially since you get useful information out of the docs and the tools. older ADKs gave me enough information to understand the workings of a different device for fully taking it over. (they forgot to protect their debug port completely)

Edit: Damnyou 52bluetooth. they got the interesting attachments behind yet another paywall...

Last edited:
@masterX244 I wouldn't recommend pulling hair over the 52bluetooth site. It's possible to register with it (or at least it was a few years ago). I had managed to do it and even downloaded some files off of it. But almost everything good on the site is behind a paywall, and you need to have purchased some kind of virtual currency from their site first. You can then download things using this virtual currency. I have no idea how to get the virtual currency.

This looks like an upload of the entire ADK installation folder for QCC512x series
https://github.com/Gongdezhi1990/Qualcomm-_ADK6.4.0.43
This is not the installer file but the result after installation, at least the part that apparently gets installed to C:\ADK_folder
If you have the hardware you can download the drivers and MDE for free if you have a registered Qualcomm account
Maybe try copying the contents of the github repo to C drive and see if it does anything

Last edited:
Its mainly reverse engineering.
What are you trying to reverse? The XUV file which you've dumped from device or something else? What is the functionality you're trying to achieve?
Edit: Damnyou 52bluetooth. they got the interesting attachments behind yet another paywall...
BTW to download from 52bluetooth you will need their currency, it could be acquired by logging in every day, by making few more accounts via affiliate link and so on. I can help you with downloading, just send me links for things which you're interested in.

What are you trying to reverse? The XUV file which you've dumped from device or something else? What is the functionality you're trying to achieve?

BTW to download from 52bluetooth you will need their currency, it could be acquired by logging in every day, by making few more accounts via affiliate link and so on. I can help you with downloading, just send me links for things which you're interested in.
Was turning my focus over to Cardo Motorcycle headsets after i found out that Sena ones can be fully take over via their USB port (they snuck out the SPI debug with a few extra Pins by using the same plug that Samsung used for their Galaxy S3 MHL adapter). Currently poking around in their firmware update files (managed to find out the URLs for those files by digging around in their updater, they served all info in plaintext since they do that part in javascript). Some devices use chipsets closely related to the one that Sena uses (the 8670 CSR one) since my existing tools and workflow works. A few use the newer QCC512x where i don't know my way around the DFU file format yet. Convenience tools written while exploring the formats end up on my github.

No Hardware at hand yet for digging into the topic from the lowlevel-side at the Cardo end yet

Hi.
Can I program QCC5125(BTM525) using a normal USB cable? It also supports USB protocol.
Yes, it is certainly possible.
And I can configured Left chanel is low frequency right is high frequency? (CROSSOVER)
Probably. There is PEQ, so it should be possible to configure it like that. Don't ask me how to do it tho.
Probably QCC5144(BTM544) or QCC5151(BTM551) will be better as they have 2 DSP cores.

Last edited:
Hello is it possible to have audio line input to send to airpods and receive play/pause commands and trigger a digital output or serial output? I would like to know before looking into this further
Yes, this is possible. What you need is A2DP transmitter (source). First part is already supported in some firmwares (QCC3056 has this, definitely possible to achieve it with QCC5144 and probably with QCC5151. Also CSR8675 should support that, but I don't recommend it as it'll become obsolete soon, it is not cheap because of that), for second part you will have to write some code by yourself, but it should be doable. No AAC codec unless you implement it by yourself (only decoder is in the firmware by default), only SBC or aptX/HD/Adaptive are available by default or with some slight modifications.

Last edited:
Yes, this is possible. What you need is A2DP transmitter (source). First part is already supported in some firmwares (QCC3056 has this, definitely possible to achieve it with QCC5144 and probably with QCC5151. Also CSR8675 should support that, but I don't recommend it as it'll become obsolete soon, it is not cheap because of that), for second part you will have to write some code by yourself, but it should be doable. No AAC codec unless you implement it by yourself (only decoder is in the firmware by default), only SBC or aptX/HD/Adaptive are available by default or with some slight modifications.
This would be of great interest to the iPod classic modding community
This module seems to be compatible

US $7.50 | BTM356 QCC3056 Bluetooth Module TWS APTX-HD APTX I2S IIS SPDIF
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLr5NnK

This module seems to be compatible
Yes, this module should be compatible. I would opt for BTM544 module if you could find one, or BTM551 (I haven't tested that it will work, but it should). The main reason is that QCC3056 does not support AAC at all (it should be possible to add it to QCC5 series. Not easily though, but possible), so it's limited to SBC with airpods. One would also need some kind of breakout board (for this dev board), I'll release KiCad project as soon as I'll receive PCBs from manufacturer and test that antenna works fine. BTM544/551/356 are almost the same in terms of pinout, so one main board will work with all of them.

Yes, this module should be compatible. I would opt for BTM544 module if you could find one, or BTM551 (I haven't tested that it will work, but it should). The main reason is that QCC3056 does not support AAC at all (it should be possible to add it to QCC5 series. Not easily though, but possible), so it's limited to SBC with airpods. One would also need some kind of breakout board (for this dev board), I'll release KiCad project as soon as I'll receive PCBs from manufacturer and test that antenna works fine. BTM544/551/356 are almost the same in terms of pinout, so one main board will work with all of them.
This seems to the good although it is twice the price as the previous one, would love to have working schematic for supporting components needed

US $14.50 | BTM551 QCC5151 Bluetooth module LDAC APTX-HD APTX-LL I2S IIS SPDIF
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msS7kAU

This seems to the good although it is twice the price as the previous one, would love to have working schematic for supporting components needed
Given non-zero shipping cost, it's actually 1.5 times more expensive (depends on country, of course).
About schematic: not a lot of external components will be needed.
Schematic for dev board is in attached file. Most of that won't be necessary for your use case, namely: LEDs, microphones, DAC, speaker amplifier, SPDIF stuff, battery charging circuit, buttons. So really, only USB socket for programming (may be only D+ and D- pins for saving space), voltage converters (3.3V or 1.8V), few passive components (so that firmware will recognize that analog audio input is requested). Maybe I forgot something, but looks like that's it.

Attachments

• qcc51xx_devboard.pdf
    78.4 KB · Views: 278