• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)

GB-1 status update

GB-1 Status update

kindly update your pcb delivery here or just inform me through PM.

mcandmar (4 boards) ok, delivered
Project16 (2 boards) ok, delivered
Myint67 (6 board ) ok, delivered
gwrskien (10 boards) ok, delivered
asuslover (4 boards)ok, delivered
Morde (2 boards) ok, delivered
Ryssen (2 boards) ok, delivered
Marra (4 boards) ok, delivered
gnomcat (10 boards) ok, delivered
bloozestringer (4 boards) ok, delivered
bOTL (10 boards) ok, delivered
Prasi (2 boards) ok
emynet (2 boards)ok, shipped, delivered
Sadik (2 boards)ok, delivered

zrxshack (4 boards) ok, delivered
patriz (4 boards) ok , delivered
JJGB (6 boards) ok, delivered
rephil (10 boards)ok, delivered
mituisho (4 boards) ok, delivered
Pepperman (4 boards) ok, delivered
Nounouchet (4 boards) ok, shipped
Joca (4 boards) ok, shipped, (with customs)
883bkong(4 boards) ok, delivered
bk856er(2 boards) ok, delivered
quan (4 boards) ok, delivered
oceanpeak (8 boards) ok, shipped

joshvi (4 boards) ok, delivered
TIC37 (4 boards)ok, delivered

gabbar (4 boards) ok delivered*
bogde (2 boards) ok, delivered
PauloPT (2 boards) ok, delivered
Algar_emi (2 boards) ok, shipped

GB-2 Status update

GB-2
aubmar (4 boards) ok, shipped
jkjkaufm (6 boards) ok, shipped
pesve (4 boards) ok, shipped
manniraj (4 boards) ok, delivered
outtek (4 boards) ok, shipped
Master Pain (2 boards) ok, delivered
bandol83 (4 boards) OK. shipped
prasi+friends (6 boards) ok
cgraf (2 boards), ok, shipped
baggerbole (4 boards), ok, shipped
zman01 (2 boards), ok, shipped
Johnny Canuck (2 boards), ok, shipped
AVWERK (4 boards), ok, shipped
Hui13 (2 boards), ok, ships tomorrow

0 boards remain.

As of now, there is no plan to manufacture these 'limited edition' boards;)

reg
Prasi

Last edited:
Hi,

Are there caps compatible with the boards?

ESMH630VQT333MB80T

HiPaulo,
Those are 5 pin caps (VQT series), the board is made for 4 pin caps, hence VQT cant be fitted.
Out of the series in the datasheet, VSN, VNN,VRD, VND, VQD are compatible with the board.

reg
Prasi

P.S. Project 16 is developing a new CRC PSU for 5 pin, 4 pin, 2 pin all typesof caps upto 40mm dia, as posted by him some pages back.

Last edited:
Hello everyone

A version that will accept 5-pin capacitors and TO247 diodes is being developed.
It would be interesting for me to have feedback from those who have assembled this PCB for the diameter of the holes to be modified possibly.

Thank you. :)

PS: Prasi, this buying group has been led from master's hand!:up:

I found the post :)

Hi Project16,

How is the development of this new board going?

Thanks!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here is my build. Using MUR880, 0.1uF 100v CBB MKT at each diode, 0.1uF 450v CBB MKT and 10R 1W snubber, 22,000uF 35v Cornell Dubelier caps, Panasonic. 0.47R 3W thin film resistors x 2, white LEDs and 6k8 resistors, 2k2 2W bleed off resistors, 0.1uF 100v CBB MKT and 10R 1W output snubbers.

The PCB is very well made. I have never seen such a thick FRP board before. The traces are also thick copper. Everything fit perfectly. I tested with 400VA 18V toroidal trafo and got +/-24.2v and 7mV ripple no load.

Attachments

• IMG_6578.JPG
    IMG_6578.JPG
    554.9 KB · Views: 3,187
Last edited:
Here is my build. Using MUR880, 0.1uF 100v CBB MKT at each diode, 0.1uF 450v CBB MKT and 10R 1W snubber, 22,000uF 35v Cornell Dubelier caps, Panasonic. 0.47R 3W thin film resistors x 2, white LEDs and 6k8 resistors, 2k2 2W bleed off resistors, 0.1uF 100v CBB MKT and 10R 1W output snubbers.

The PCB is very well made. I have never seen such a thick FRP board before. The traces are also thick copper. Everything fit perfectly. I tested with 400VA 18V toroidal trafo and got +/-24.2v and 7mV ripple no load.

I do not know why DIYA didnt gave me updates in this thread, but wow!.
That looks like a commercial product right out of magazine pages... Very very nice build and nice photography skills xrk. Congratulations.

regards
Prasi

P.S. Thanks all for compliments but it goes out to Project16 for design and the PCB manufacturer, I was just a facilitator.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
@PaoloPT:

How did you calculate the output snubbers? I plan to build a quasimodo to figure out the values of the input snubber but how did you do for the outputs?

I didn't. :p Although 0,1uF and 10R should absorb most RF > 200kHz, maybe not "critically" absorbed.

Is your board for a class A amp? What bias?
Yes, it is the Pass M2, as a test case, preparing PSU for a ZenMod Babelfish J. As with most Pass Class A amps, the supply is meant for 24v rails at 1.25amps. My toroidal trafo seems to be having an issue generating a strange hash of noise. I have been debugging it for some time now and have a thread here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/306411-strange-forest-noise-linear-psu.html

It seems the trafo might be saturated as my mains are 123vac and design spec was 115vac. It's an Antek - which I have been very happy with in general as they have great selection and very reasonable prices. This new CRC board does no better than my P2P CRC (really did not expect it to - but was hopeful).

Here is P2P CRC:
611266d1492065840-strange-forest-noise-linear-psu-psu-crc-rev3-closeup.jpg

@Prasi:
Code:
That looks like a commercial product right out of magazine pages...

Thanks! Makes you want to buy one doesn't it?

Last edited:
yep xrk,
makes me wanna buy it alright. whats the price;):lickface::lickface:?, Do try the quasimodo procedure, if you have resources.
Looking at the photos that I shared when testing this PCB(before production), I wonder why all these people even trusted me to supply a good product. I should sharpen my skills with my Canon SLR that's gathering dust, may be change lens!.
reg
Prasi
P.S. Don't believe Project16, he is too humble, its all his work!:)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
makes me wanna buy it alright. whats the price?

For everyone else $150, but for YOU my friend, only $60! ;) :D

I just used up all my TO220 heatsinks on this beast. Just ordered a bunch more - but black anodized and bigger this time. They get hot at 2w dissipation each for 2.5amps.

Don't use SLR - use your phone's cam (short focal length so depth of field is very good) and a sheet of white bond paper to place it on.

Let's look at this pix again (sorry about the large size - click browser refresh button to make small):

611441d1492171947-crc-power-supply-class-amplifier-img_6578.jpg

Last edited: