• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Components group buy for Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Transformer GB?

As stated in this post, I am willing to coordinate a group buy for Plitron transformers if there is enough interest to get us a price break - probably at the 25 transformer mark. So far, there has been some but not sufficient interest to justify it.

Today, I received my parts from ex007 (yay!), and the clock is ticking. It's July 31; I will collect expressions of interest until next Monday, August 6. If there is enough interest, I will approach Plitron for a deal and work out a payment system. If not, I'll just buy my transformers.

So, if you think you will want to do a GB on Plitron xformers, post expressions of interest on this thread.

Regards.

Aengus

Re: Transformer GB?

Aengus said:
As stated in this post, I am willing to coordinate a group buy for Plitron transformers if there is enough interest to get us a price break - probably at the 25 transformer mark. So far, there has been some but not sufficient interest to justify it.

Today, I received my parts from ex007 (yay!), and the clock is ticking. It's July 31; I will collect expressions of interest until next Monday, August 6. If there is enough interest, I will approach Plitron for a deal and work out a payment system. If not, I'll just buy my transformers.

So, if you think you will want to do a GB on Plitron xformers, post expressions of interest on this thread.

Regards.

Aengus

I'm in for 2 or 4 (depends on the price).

Finished soldering the kits for two boards but still missing some components.
Where do you recommend to get the rest of the components:
1. Lm4780
2. OPA134 (nd?)
3. c24,c25 - panasonic 50V 22000uf is good enough?
4. Heat Sink
5. Fuses 3.5A (which one)?
6. Connectors for chassis.
7. Toroidal transformer 230V 300VA 2x22V (for bridged 120W 8ohm).

Preferably in one shipping method (international).

Any ideas?

I did try to get samples from national but never got them.
The suppliers in Israel are for high tech companies only.
The only way to order here is by mail from farnell/digikey/mouser, which is probably the way I'll order.

As for the transformers, I'm trying to find suppliers here but none can be found so far (I'll probably order from piltron).

Anyway, your parts group buy was of much help, excellent components. Thank you for that.

I updated the BOM a little.
In the included zip file there are two files:

1. updated BOM.doc - Mouser's bom.
To order just copy the first two columns and
paste them to mouser's BOM Importer (an
online tool that will convert the list to an
order).

2. basket.csv - farnell's (www.farnell.com) saved basket that
includes heat sinks, LM4780 & toroids.
Just login in farnell and load the csv file.

Still some parts missing from this BOM:
1. Spacers + mounting screws (so many options on mouser, any recommendation on size & screws?)

Not perfect but better.

Attachments

• update bom.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for the update. One thing I was missing was the insulators for the LM4780. I was not able to find a suitable one from Mouser, ended up ordering a 1.375" square CPU Bergquist sil-pad from Digi-Key their number BER135-ND. Your quantities are more accurate also, the original BOM was for 2 boards and was short or over on some items. Good work!

Bob G.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.