Classic Aleph Amplifier for Modern UMS Chassis

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
PL SIT - choose - pure logic, or just ZM being Omnipsychic :clown:

no other facts

commerce shark - be sure that Pa is spending proper number of hours in his workshop, every day

knowing his wit (no need for zillion of active products), one can just expect pile of future products growing

how exactly big pile is, dunno - I'm under (his) permanent disgrace and my spy at SR is more watching Whales than doing spy work ......

Reactions: 1 user
Alephs are their own breed.
Amen. Other amps and I'm listening to the system trying to work together. Aleph in? "Don't worry, I'm the leader here. Follow along, lads"
And I like it that way.
I generally have around 4 or 5 amplifiers floating around. I used to do the whole vintage thing but started into DIY by building an F6 after which I swiftly sold everything vintage to fund this hobby.
I've got a lot of electric guitars in closets and under beds and in reach while sitting on boring conference calls/ Zoom meetings, each unique in its goals and methods. To my own credit, I actually do the setup on them, have replaced pickups, re-fretted, and even built one from scratch. But DIY started with a Hafler re-board, went to F6 and waaaaaay beyond, and now I rotate amps in on a monthly basis in various rooms (and hand them off to friends), just like guitars, discovering their unique strengths and applications.

And the Aleph 60 monoblocks rule the roost. Thanks, Randy!

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm running out of house to store it. She won't let me build a new room office over the garage...

I am only "allowed" to store them in my home office, but the closet is full and I got a couple of stacks behind me. Then there's the Elacs on their stands in front of the fireplace... and three stacks (two are "amp stands") in the living room ( plus two sets of speakers )... after that, there's the HT, and four rooms with a stereo that people would die for. Oh, the vintage stuff... all rebuilt... everything is now up to the day it left the factory -except for the quad reel to reel. That was rebuilt 12 years ago.

Randy is a truly bad influence. Keep it up Randy!

Anyone want a Sony SL-HF1000 with the MDP-700 LD, the editing board and a spare Pioneer dual side LD player? I can bundle it with about 150 LDs.

I can even throw in a Sony EP9ES that will decode the AC3 from the LDs.

Danger... last Sunday my wife wanted to discuss the living room. Ay! Ay! I excused myself and made her a good Margarita.

Honestly, I don't understand people who can sell (get rid of) stuff. Every item I own has a story... OK, the bunch of Parasound Z stuff, some of it I think I bought late in the evening on eBay or Audiogon after a couple of good drinks,... but I know it was always a great price!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user