Choky Susy F3 for LU1014's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mithomas said:

Sweet. Thanks This is what I am talking about. Bigger IS better - although I almost always listen through lowthers as a mid-range.
I have some bonded 12 X 12" X 4" fin heatsinks that I can see what they will disappate. Getting the IRON may be the expensive and hard part, if I can't just buy a few.
I do need a bigger variac to play here.

Some heatsinks, as in 8?

No need for a variac, just run it the no fear way, flick the switch :D

I tend to do it like this, simply because this way keeps me on my toes, so I do it right first time, I get sloppy if I see a chance to test without consequences. :xeye:

Magura :)

Re: Re: Re: just another variation .... Magura like ;)

Zen Mod said:

Magura is lazy ............. and I won't tell ya why having neg is good .......

....... not having input caps isn't main reason

:rofl:

Magura is not lazy, Magura tells fluffy serb why neg rail is bad. :rofl:

I have a thing against dual supply with 2 different voltages, as high power trafo's are big and expensive. Same goes for caps.....things just grows huge and very expensive.

For low power applications, I agree, no problem with a couple of voltages.

Magura:)

EUVL said:
If you would forgive me :

1) It depends on what your definition of Super Symmetry is. As it is the proposed schematics is basically 2 identical inverting amps joint at the frontend by a current course to form a diff pair. But there is no cross feedback, as in the Pass patent.

Patrick

If I understand Susy correctly, this circuit meet the criteria. Have a closer look at the X-BoSoZ schematics. Papa confirmed it is Susy and the only connection between the two halves there is through the LTP.

More fuel on the debate fire!?!

Terry

Babowana said:
Sleepless night . . .

I hardly see the cross feedback (X-feedback).

Cheers,

>>:)<<

Me too. The X is barely detectable, but if Papa says ok?

BTW On a side note, I have become stuck in my armchair, in front of the UP's, so I wont start building just yet

;)

BTW BTW I figure that a 2x18V trafo will do the supply voltages as proposed. Using the plus with the multiplier w/o zener will net you just under 20V for the pos. rail. Regulating the negative to some 10V is not unreasonable. A big'ish mosfet can dispose those 12-14V off, without blowing up:)

Magura said:

10V and let's be conservative and say 4A. As in 40W of heat for that little detail.

Magura :)

:D Ya' right ofcourse, but saying "big'ish" mosfet. Having a few 123A industrial devices on hand, it didnt cause any concern. For the reg. you can use the biggest and dirty devices, that you have in drawer:) I even have some very much bigger devices, I will post a pic later, and hope someone can tell how to use those. They hardly need a heatsink for this app;)

:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
few thoughts from Migthy ZM

using special amps with mediocre HiFi spks is insane

so - special amps don't need insane dissipation

so - obtaining 7~10V of neg leg at 3A isn't insane

that's (just maybe) separate donut of 5-7V/100VA for bth channels , if both channels are in same case

benefits are - even if with superposed CCS-es - better CMRR and blahblah , comparing to single leg supply .

so - if you (any of you/us) want special amp ........... then do your homework and find/buy/build some special spks ........ not any ProAc clone or fluffy cheapest Fostex in easiest box drek .

Mighty ZM spoket ......

:rofl:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.