CD Transportmechanics quality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lead sheets on transport

Guido Tent said:

Hi,

The bandwidth of the servo (focus and radial) loops is in the range of 100 of Hz.

Within that range the servo correcs, but with limitted "control" (loopgain is limitted). Outside the range no corrective action expected.

Mechanical vibration ofcourse translates to pit jitter (realize that reading a disc is "just" an opto-mechanical-electrical system.

cheers

Well it sounds plausible, BTW my CDPRO2 is going to be 60 pounds by time it is finished!

BTW - Here is the new link for my Gallery.

http://24.70.80.252/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album04

Regards

Anthony

Re: Heavy!

Audiofanatic said:

Are you trying to make it heavy so no one can runaway with it? :)

Post some pic's when it's ready!

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

No just heavy enough so my wife does not try to move it to the corner of the room! :)

I hope to finish the chassis this weekend, then I am just a components from completion. I will post pics of progress as I go.

Regards

Anthony

CD-PRO2M

Is there a way to use this supposedly good/best? (available) drive in any/some "original" frontloaded CD-player of some decent build/quality?

I mean: take an "old" CDP, remove the old/defekt?/tired mecanics, and replace it with CD-PRO2M.....

I like the idea of good quality components, BUT I know that I would never be satisfyed with some odd-looking CDP with bad finish......and if I were to build it myself it would look suspecius (at least....:hot: ) and with a very low WAF :smash:

Lyra

Re: CD-PRO2M

Lyra said:
Is there a way to use this supposedly good/best? (available) drive in any/some "original" frontloaded CD-player of some decent build/quality?

I mean: take an "old" CDP, remove the old/defekt?/tired mecanics, and replace it with CD-PRO2M.....

I like the idea of good quality components, BUT I know that I would never be satisfyed with some odd-looking CDP with bad finish......and if I were to build it myself it would look suspecius (at least....:hot: ) and with a very low WAF :smash:

Lyra

I like the design of the old marantz.
The CD 52/62/72 and CD50/60/80 look good. And even if they are 10 years old (or more), they don't look old

I like my CD62:)

jean-paul said:
X.G. Can you help me with the link ? I tried other ways but I can't find what I am looking for.

jean-paul,£¬
Sorry for my reading your post later.:smash:

The link was failure before yesterday,cause the web-server was changing IP according post of Purer on the other Chinese forum.The link is active now!I just checked.:clown:

In the post of the link,Purer said he will finish the PCB design & made for CDM4 before May 2004.

Here is the small pic of the pcb:

Attachments

• pureréè¼æµäcdm4תåìïßâ·°å.jpg
    pureréè¼æµäcdm4תåìïßâ·°å.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,191
Hi-end CD transports probably are better in reading the correct information off marginal quality master CDs, but for me it's simply cheaper to do the proper dupe on the computer. I guess the transport you saw may do what EAC does on a CD-ROM drive (read at constant CD speed to a memory buffer and do multiple overlapping reads to make sure the data was read accurately). Done fast enough on a modern high speed mechanism, this probably can be done in real-time without needing to read the entire CD into memory first.

Not only is it not needed to load the entire cd into the memory, I could also imagine a stand alone unit using a CD-Rom and a controller with some software running on it, doing what EAC does.

Making a standalone unit using a CD-Rom like EAC does would mean that there would be ZERO reasons for Wadia, TEAC Esotec and other braindamaged transports - the DIY community could tell the industry to go to hell with their overpriced crap. I mean who would care for High End products if you can make your 20€ drive come to the exact same result, only with a different (much smarter!) method?

Also the format of the data (asynchronous on IDE/SCSI/USB...) could help prevent jitter in the later circuit but I know way too little about the tech behind it so I'd better shut up I guess ;)

Anyway my cheap Cyberdrive 52x CD-Rom reads at around 12x realtime on average (in Secure Mode, no C2 correction, no caching). So lots of headroom for searching etc. there.

There is an Open Source alternative to EAC, called CD Paranoia that might be suited to be modified to the needs of a CD-Player.

EAC: http://www.exactaudiocopy.de
CD-Paranoia: http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

jean-paul,

I think Purer maybe know more English than me.Maybe your email was not received by him. I had ever tried email to myself through here,I didn't receive :bawling:

My last two posts is all what they said at that forum. The products(including PCB,kit & finish) of Purer are for sale (including for foreigns). I don't know the detail of this product for CDM4.I am a member of his forum(Purer Forum,I.E, the CNDIYClub ,cause Puerer is it's builder),I would ask him for your Q,and tell him your wish.

I think Purer will make CD transports for sale,using the new design PCB.According he said,he planned to design & make the PCB of whole CDP early, changed laterly to design & make the PCB for CDM4 transport because of space.

BTW:The computer code of chinese in mailand is not same as the code of Taiwan,HongKong.

cdtransport /cdm 4 new design pcb

X.G., Purer,

It has been quiet in this thread for several weeks now.
I am very interested to know if the cdm4 transport and new pcb (by purer) is finished, how it looks (dimensions) and if it is available ? This info is probably on the chinese diy site but it's too hard to find the info.
Is there another site I can check ?

Greetz,
Peng

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Purer, how are things going with the PCB ? I am really curious what the results will be. Please keep us informed !

If you have a schematic please post a link to it. If I understand correctly your CDM 4 pcb will fit in older Philips/Marantz cdplayers !?!?! What chipset will it use ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.