CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.

(y)This is what I'd hoped, but I kept stumbling into little snippets of doubt peppered throughout discussions. What kind of latency could I expect to see in this setup?

20-30 ms depending on what chunk size you are using, whether resampling is used and assuming no FIR filters. This should be fine for most A/V applications, I use CamillaDSP with AppleTVs and do not have any perceptible latency issues.

Michael

Is anyone else using the new GUI and having issues with the default configuration not staying? For example I have selected a configuration called sa9227.yml in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.09.53 PM.png

However if I leave the Files tab and come back it randomly changes to ultralitemk5_streamer.yml.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.11.18 PM.png

Anytime I restart CamillaDSP it reverts back to ultralitemk5_streamer.yml. For reference below is the line I am using to start CamillaDSP.

/home/michael6/camilladsp/camilladsp -g-40 -o /home/michael6/camilladsp/camilladsp.log -p 1234 /home/michael6/camilladsp/active_config.yml

Michael

camillagui.yml was unchanged, see below.

---
camilla_host: "127.0.0.1"
camilla_port: 1234
port: 5000
config_dir: "~/camilladsp/configs"
coeff_dir: "~/camilladsp/coeffs"
default_config: "~/camilladsp/default_config.yml"
active_config: "~/camilladsp/active_config.yml"
active_config_txt: "~/camilladsp/active_config.txt"
log_file: "~/camilladsp/camilladsp.log"
update_config_symlink: false
update_config_txt: false
on_set_active_config: null
on_get_active_config: null
supported_capture_types: null
supported_playback_types: null

Updating update_config_symlink to true fixed it, thanks!

Michael

Reactions: 1 user
Henrik,
I have spent a few hours with the new gui and really appreciate the enhancements that you and TNT came up with.

Biquad Filter Grouping.
I think there is an opportunity to enhance the Pipeline plot by grouping biquad filters.

In my work flow, I use the REW EQ function to generate the filters, save them as .xml and then use the translate_rew_xml.py script to translate the filters and then cut and paste the biquads into a config.

The translate_rew_xml.py numbers the biquads by appending "_nn" to the speaker location field in the .xml file from REW. (I edit the speaker location - line 3 in the .xml file - to a more meaningful name than the REW designation).

The pipeline plot could optionally "group" biquads with the same name less the _nn suffix, reducing a potential 17 boxes to 1 box for the plot.

Henrik,
I have spent a few hours with the new gui and really appreciate the enhancements that you and TNT came up with.

Biquad Filter Grouping.
I think there is an opportunity to enhance the Pipeline plot by grouping biquad filters.
Thanks for the feedback!
There is already a grouping in the pipeline, via the filter steps. I didn't think of that, but it would be easy to add an option to the pipeline graph to expand each filter step to the individual filters (as it is now) or to show each step as a single block. Not exactly what you suggest, but it connects the graph closer to the pipeline definition so I think its more intuitive. Are your filters (or could they be) grouped into suitable filter steps?

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
So, I created a new directory (pycamilla-10) besides the olde ones (e.g. pycamilla-060) and install from there and the did: pycamilla-10 % ./camilladsp -v -w -p 1234

It all seems to go OK but when I launch the GUI, I still get:

CamillaDSP 0.6.1
pyCamillaDSP 0.6.0
Backend 0.8.0

Uhu?

It still uses the old versions... what did I do wrong? :)

//

PS: this is what I use:

Terminal 1 0th command: cd /Users/audio1/Documents/Ca+Di/Camilla/gui/pycamilla-10 1st command: export PATH=/usr/local/anaconda3/bin:$PATH 2nd command: source ~/.bash_profile 3rd command: conda activate camillagui 4th command (starta GUI backend); python /Users/audio1/Documents/Ca+Di/Camilla/gui/pycamilla-10/camillagui/main.py New terminal 2 start Camilla cd /Users/audio1/Documents/Ca+Di/Camilla/gui/pycamilla-10/ ./camilladsp -v -w -p 1234

Attachments

• ca.png
    ca.png
    83 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Recommend you do (in terminal):
cd to where you'd like to fetch the repo
git clone https://github.com/HEnquist/camilladsp-setupscripts.git camdsp-rc100 (downloads the repo using git)
cd camdsp-rc100 (cds into this directory)
git checkout gui_rc100 (fetches the correct branch)

Feel free to use another name than camdsp-rc100 for the folder, i just picked something that wasn't likely to already exist.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the feedback!
There is already a grouping in the pipeline, via the filter steps. I didn't think of that, but it would be easy to add an option to the pipeline graph to expand each filter step to the individual filters (as it is now) or to show each step as a single block. Not exactly what you suggest, but it connects the graph closer to the pipeline definition so I think its more intuitive. Are your filters (or could they be) grouped into suitable filter steps?
Henrik, the attached picture explains it a bit better, with all the biquads the pipeline is reduced to unreadable, but if the biquads were grouped it would be readable.

"The pipeline plot could optionally "group" biquads with the same name less the _nn suffix, reducing a potential 17 boxes to 1 box for the plot."

Attachments

• CamillaDSP Plot .jpg
    CamillaDSP Plot .jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 54