Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be sure Cal, but there is a sticky blue covering that I have never been able to trace. Anyone seriously TRY to source the EXACT resistor that Jack Bybee is using? I can't find it.

Just a complete stab in the dark, but could it be blu-tack?

The 1711 0.025 ohm 5% @25W doesn't appear to be a standard production item for Pacific Resistor. Could be custom or discontinued. Maybe its time to contact the engineers at Pacific :D

You have a strong opinion, but that is not the Bybee device at all, but its outer covering. Please look at the links provided here of the complete open large Bybee device. The serious part is the thing with the endcaps, and it is a hard cylindrical surface coated with a UNIFORM blue sheet of something. Unfortunately, you have to look outside your usual kit bag for some of these materials.

Phonons are vibrations in the crystalline lattice of a material that interact with electrons by enabling pairs to overcome their natural repulsion to enter a lower-energy state called a Cooper pair. After pairing, they weave through the lattice without any of the usual atomic collisions that cause resistance. "We have many more experiments to perform to try to pin this down," said Davis.

So, how is anyone involved here going to determine whether or not Cooper pairs have been created and are the cause of the "slipstream effect? How would you know? Can any of us even find follow on articles from these folks?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi SY,
To add to the wrinkle of what resistor is in these, John wishes a test of the larger units. He has some, doesn't he? But then again, how old are they? Would he allow the covering to be removed?

I can't see buying yet another pair simply to satisfy some curiosity. What we have should be more than close enough to answer the question. John can provide a clear description about what the audible differences are. Then maybe procure at least one new one for the cause.

-Chris
Edited my first sentence to make it clear what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Again, I am talking about the LARGER devices, not the tiny ones that SY has. He will have to destroy a device in order to analyze it, and that's a pity. However the device linked here that WAS opened has the same resistor that I once saw, about 12 years ago.
What Bybee does with these smaller devices is just as much a mystery to me, as it is to all of you.

These Bybees remind me of "conceptual art" in which the concept itself is the work of art, not any resulting object.
eg
"1977: Walter De Maria's 'Vertical Earth Kilometer' in Kassel, Germany. This was a one kilometer brass rod which was sunk into the earth so that nothing remained visible except a few centimeters. Despite its size, therefore, this work exists mostly in the viewer's mind."
(Conceptual art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Testing the Bybees would be like testing the brass rod to find out if it was actually 1 kilometer long as claimed. If the rod was found to be only 1 meter long it could destroy one's appreciation of the work even though it looks exactly the same. If it was slightly over 1Km on a warm day it would still look the same.

I think the power of Bybees lies in the concept and not the physical device. Which makes this post completely OT Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.