Butler Tubedriver with distortion in one channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pic

Attachments

• 465 SQUARWAVE 001.JPG
    465 SQUARWAVE 001.JPG
    631.2 KB · Views: 49
I have a Nakamichi t-100 that I used to send a 100 hz tone into the tubedriver via RCA cables.I touched the probe on the speaker pos. and the probe ground to the neg.The first pic. is the good channel and the 2nd pic is the bad channel.....thanks Robert

Attachments

• tubedriver wave 001.JPG
    tubedriver wave 001.JPG
    775.7 KB · Views: 40
  • tubedriver wave 002.JPG
    tubedriver wave 002.JPG
    628.7 KB · Views: 42
Hey, I dont know much about your scope but if your signal is going off the screen like your first image of the good channel you can A - lower the gain or input signal voltage/amplitude or B - turn the Volts/Div dial to a higher number (counterclockwise).

On the second image, can you turn the Volts/Div to a lower number to try and 'widen' the signal displayed? It looks like the scope is tracking something more than just flat-line on that channel but its hard to see.

Wiggle the RCA of the bad channel.

Post images and what V/Div setting you used on the scope.

Last edited:
I made some adjustments on my scope(see pics.).The tube type is 6n9p, and the all look the same glowing.The first pic. are the three good channels.The 2nd pic. is the bad channel,probe touching the bridgeing channels...Thanks for the responses...Robert

Attachments

• TUBEDRIVERTRACE 001.JPG
    TUBEDRIVERTRACE 001.JPG
    728.3 KB · Views: 52
  • TUBEDRIVERTRACE 002.JPG
    TUBEDRIVERTRACE 002.JPG
    734.7 KB · Views: 51
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.