Burning Amp 2023!

Hey there Paul, I’m Matt the graphic designer/web marketing manager at PACE. Would you mind if I used some of the photos you took of Burning Amp for a post on my company’s social media accounts about the festival? We want to highlight the awesome DIYaudio community, and of course mention our contribution to your show. I hope this kind of question is okay, I’m not here to post ads or disrupt your forum, I’m just looking for image permissions. Thank you!

I shall do more research on available options for a pair of 2SK180's.

Hello fellow traveler and fellow 2SK180 owner!

I've been plotting my own build options for the 2SK180 and ran across these posts. Lots and lots of reading to understand all the options we have. Here are some starter links for you.

Hockey Puck SIT 2SK180 by Tokin source NOS
2sk77b and 2sk180 new projects
The Middle of a Nelson Pass Discussion...

Those three link in general to these three...
BAF 2022 SIT AMPS
Multi Configurable Testing PCB for Papa’s SIT-PMosfet, SIT-NMosfet MUFF and DEFiSIT Amplifier
Single Ended Tokin SIT THF-51S Common Drain Mu Follower Amplifier, 45W?

I know there are many more. Enjoy.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This is another interesting one: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/total-domination-vfet-tdv-amp-using-2sk2087c.388926/

Here's a nice one at BAF built using the 2Sk180.

1697500755937.png

Reactions: 3 users
bhjazz and Dennis, Thank you for the great suggestions. I'm going to need some time to absorb all that information. I had no idea there were so many options. Now I'm tempted to buy another pair of Tokins before they are gone so I can try out a couple of the project options. Man o man, I'm getting in kinda deep now :)

Dan

Reactions: 1 user
Man o man, I'm getting in kinda deep now :)

It's a slippery slope but very fulfilling! Welcome to DIYaudio.

I keep a spreadsheet to track all of my projects. Currently I have over a dozen tabs, with one project per tab on my "for sure to do" list. This doesn't include another 8 boards (somewhere around here) for other projects that are not yet listed. I'm sure I will never catch up.

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
^
" years ago I realized that I personally really don't need anything more of anything

now my obsession with making new ones is much more indulging "

Since when does need came into play?

It's all a matter of wants, challenges and curiosity.

And the fact that He (she) who does with the most audio amps wins!

Let's count our blessings and be thankful and hope that there's no smoke when I turn on the power. :flame: