Burning Amp 2022! October 15th & 16th, Fort Mason San Francisco and Online to the World!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the lucky winner of the Sony VFET kit and one of the first things I did afterwards was PM Gianluca asking about the possibility of one of the gorgeous ‘lottery’ chassis. He replied in the small hours of the same night! Thanks, Gianluca. What he said was that they’d need a minimum 10 orders to do a production run. He also said there were at least two others he’d spoken to (believe he was referring to in person at BAF22) who wanted a chassis.

I can probably account for 3 chassis as I also have a set of Tokins that will need a home in addition to the Sony VFETs and there is a friend of mine with Tokins who is in for one chassis. So. I’m going to start a thread in the hope that anyone wanting one or more of those VFET chassis can add their name and we get to 10. Thought I’d post about it here as ‘advertising’🙃

Thanks again to all who made BAF22 a great way to spend part of the weekend!

Edit: here’s link to thread indicating interest in the chassis - https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/vfet-chassis-limited-production-run.391308/#post-7149305

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I like feral :)

hope you don't need fan for can amp ...........

Well... the fan is kinda non-optional. You might notice the PSU is different from a standard WHAMMY transformer, needed since the MOSFET bias got bumped from Wayne's 60 mA to 200 mA. Each side dissipates about 6 watts, so on top of the regulators dropping 4 watts and the transformer & chokes counting for a few more, 25ish watts of heat need to exit the box somehow. That much current is overkill for Sennheisers but Audeze or HifiMan cans could take it all and more.

It's actually an office amplifier so then there's the as-yet uninstalled speaker section...

The eventual writeup will include more details. (buzz buzz hum, RCAses, we hates them, we hates them forever!)

I had such a great time at my first Burning Amp. I met a lot of great people, built my first amp, learned a ton, and came away with so many ideas of things to try.

I also enjoyed showing off my big OB system and getting to pair it with a variety of home built amps.

Big thanks to the organizers and attendees!

Greg P (http://natursound.com)
839EFB77-28FB-4399-AC57-4AC7C7D850BA.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm glad everyone had a good time! Yes it was a lot of work (just unloading two cars Monday took all morning).

I have a stack of emails and PM's from the happy winners of the auction and raffle plus some other inquiries. Yes I have seen them. No I probably won't be responding to them until later. (Tomorrow?)

I would like to thank all of our wonderful presenters and helpers that made it happen, and especially to my partner Pennie. She is the organizer of the organizer!

-Tom-

Reactions: 4 users
Hugs for Pennie, I'm certain that I heard her and even saw few times via Zoom

regarding pics, normal state of affairs ........ Jim 6L6 talking all the time

:clown:
It’s pretty simple really. When @6L6 talks, people listen ;-)

Same goes for @tomchr ; it becomes deathly quiet in fact! Like -160dBc !!! ;)

Best,
Anand.

Reactions: 4 users

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I hope so! I honestly didn’t see the Nelson presentation until the last couple of minutes, (was busy with raffle stuff) and there are some parts of Scott Hinson’s talk from Saturday that I want to review. Great stuff!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.