Burning Amp 2022! October 15th & 16th, Fort Mason San Francisco and Online to the World!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried both Chrome and Firefox on Linux desktop, and Firefox on mobile, I have tried to lower several security settings but nothing works, Vimeo in particular have been for me exceptionally problematic for some reason, I can play Vimeo video links people post over at the music sub forum, but websites with embedded Vimeo videos works very poorly.

It's Vimeo who have cooked together something that breaks, otherwise they wouldn't know to post something like it's a "privacy setting", what is that even supposed to mean..., if there was at least a standardized HTTP status code to go on, but nope this is Vimeo's own homebrewed shite that breaks, I don't find it justifiable to spend hours fixing this when virtually any other streaming site works.

Why not using YouTube and other streaming sites such as Odysee for instance.
btw would it be possible to have a direct link to one video I can try playback thanks.

Last edited:
Tried both Chrome and Firefox on Linux desktop, and Firefox on mobile, I have tried to lower several security settings but nothing works, Vimeo in particular have been for me exceptionally problematic for some reason, I can play Vimeo video links people post over at the music sub forum, but websites with embedded Vimeo videos works very poorly.

It's Vimeo who have cooked together something that breaks, otherwise they wouldn't know to post something like it's a "privacy setting", what is that even supposed to mean..., if there was at least a standardized HTTP status code to go on, but nope this is Vimeo's own homebrewed shite that breaks, I don't find it justifiable to spend hours fixing this when virtually any other streaming site works.

Why not using YouTube and other streaming sites such as Odysee for instance.
btw would it be possible to have a direct link to one video I can try playback thanks.
firefox 95.0.1on linux Mate 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo)work fine
1669044959744.png

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I was entertained!

That's what my credit card statement says!
As we all know, this has not been an entertaining year, and I don't get out much.
The CC company says this was my only entertainment in 2022.
BurningAmpAmEx.gif

(That CC statement is entertainment in itself. My donation to T-Bird email is "Employment Agencies", subscription to a woman with big hooters is "Contracting Services", donation to DIYAudio is "Professional Services", a new freezer and new clothes-dryer is "Office Supplies".... )

Reactions: 1 user
(That CC statement is entertainment in itself. My donation to T-Bird email is "Employment Agencies", subscription to a woman with big hooters is "Contracting Services", donation to DIYAudio is "Professional Services", a new freezer and new clothes-dryer is "Office Supplies".... )
I need to start organising audio gear expenses for my taxes, I'll have to keep CC company records like this, could be handy :unsure:

Any vapors regarding the planning of BA 2023 yet? I think I'll have some goodies to set aside this year as freebies if I'm able to set aside the time to make it.

Joined 2021
Paid Member
If cost is a concern, Texas, Colorado, Minnesota and Maine are much better options.

I lived in the Bay Area for 14 years and I still love the place, but it’s nostalgia as far as I am concerned.
I don’t find hotels in SF particularly cheap, the Tenderloin District particularly safe or walkable and the legion of souls sleeping on the street pavement particularly interesting to step over.

The Presidio and Fort Mason are still pleasant, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.