• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo DAC (ESS Sabre 9008)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
eclectic2k: I think they already mentioned that kits are not offered for the DACs because it would take just as much effort for them to support failed builds then to simply provide fully functioning models.

Blitz: Patience my friend, patience. There are lots of people waiting for these models (and for some reason not jumping on the new WM8741-based OPUS when it is also an incredible DAC). As the site says on the front page, there is no waiting list, first come first served. Keep refreshing it like the rest of us (or write a little script to check for updates and send you an email when there are some). ;)

THX for the advice...I will be patient and thankful once the modules are available again...nevertheless, I thought it would be a good idea to have a kind of "subscription list", so that the colleagues can better understand the overall demand. Clearly, I guess a lot of people would subscribe and not all would actually put their money where their mouth is, but that could be solved by giving pre-paying customers a priority on the waiting list...

...regarding the other DACs: I would love to buy them. But without an available input-module (SPDIF and USB are both out of stock)...?

Besides these little logistical topics, I find the idea to have different modules simply wonderful, so that one can figure out which DAC with which outout or Input or clock sounds best...GREAT !!!

Hey Guys,

The PCBs for out of stock modules are supposed to arrive this week.

Once Brian gets back from vacation and settled into production everything (I am pretty sure) should be back in stock. :)

I know its rough waiting around, and we are working to address the issue.

Part of the delay this go around we R&D surrounding the Buffalo. We now feel like we have it ready to rock.

Thanks for the patience.

Cheers!
Russ

123chris said:
Hi Russ,

I'm also very impatient for ordering a Buffalo kit. The ink on my [F5] key is already fading..... :xeye:

I also have a question: what functions will the uber-controller have?

1: driving the display
2. changing the volume
3: changing balance?
4: choosing inputs from the new receiver?

Thanks

Chris

I am very confident it will have all of the above.

Of course will still have to test the thing... ;)

:)

Russ - I have been waiting, finger on the buy now trigger, for a full Buffalo kit whilst at home in New Zealand.
Im away working in China for a month and now find I cant access your site from my laptop at all. Do you have some form of IP recognition that prevents my access from here.
Any way of getting in a que via a prepay setup so i dont miss out again.

cheers

wayne

Well maybe me waving a Tibet Rules flag whilst the Olympic flag was in town singled me out as a dissident force to be reconed with I dont know, but I have tried thru every "link" etc to access and no luck.
Still - question is can i give you my details privately over email to ensure a sale??

thanks

wayne

Okay, here's what's happening...

We took a huge number of orders over night (my time zone), and basically sold out of the available chips/parts on hand. It's like drinking from a fire hose. I am ordering more of everything today.

It will also take me some time to build all of this stuff, and I'm not really comfortable taking pre-orders too far in advance, so I put a block on orders until I can catch up a bit. It will probably be a week or so before I open them back up, but the next time there should be twice as many available. After that, we will need to order more boards, along with more parts.

I'll make the information on the page a little more clear. I'll also post news (when I know) of when I will open up again.

VT67 said:

Me too!! ;)
Would be a nice birthday present ((for those who care, that's on the 25th);)

Regards

Yep... the 30th of this month, myself...

BrianDonegan said:
Okay, here's what's happening...

We took a huge number of orders over night (my time zone), and basically sold out of the available chips/parts on hand. It's like drinking from a fire hose. I am ordering more of everything today.

I

Arrgh... it's like the final minutes of bidding on Ebay!!
Was there a email notice, (that I signed up for on work and home) about the release that I missed somehow, or just on the site?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.