Bride of Zen on a shoestring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't have a schematic, only artwork which I posted earlier. It's pretty easy and you can figure it out. Here is a picture from my other preamp with similar relay switching. I'm switching both ground and signal. Recently I've read on Dynaudio preamp, and they have all the relays active all the time, except for the one which is switching the source. It seems like even better idea.

I pick my relays on sale, and always look for quality ones. Those I've seen in FM Accoustics equipment and since they Swiss made I thought they must be good.;)

The copper plate was a piece of scrap I had. Since the casing for preamp was done out of 1/16" sheet metal I wanted to reinforce the bottom were the transformer was mounted . It also provides the shielding for equipment which might be located below.

Anybody who wants to see my preamp which wasn't done "on a shoestring" can have a look here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3629&highlight=son+of+dork;)

Attachments

• swi.jpg
    swi.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 777
Peter,

you said that "The case was bought from my local Chinese store".

I'm looking for a case for my first DIY.

Can you tell me about this Ancient Chinese Secret? I want to get two cases of similar or better quality, but I don't know where to look.

Thanks,

Eric Le Bourhis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.