Boras Legend 4 Mosfet Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To let you know, dear friend Sakis, i was thinking about.

I think we made a lot of foolishes...i had to simulate Bora's circuit to understand the way it was working, so stupid i am.....and we were trying....that method of try and error.

Also you had inserted too much level into the amplifier....hummmm,... and square waves were introduced into the amplifier with enormous level..of course this can kill amplifiers..we did not protect the FET inputs with zener...in other words...we tried to kill the amplifier..even having not that intention.... also we forgot, in the early beginning, to install the Miller capacitor, and Bora said the capacitor was needed...well....i have made a lot of foolishes....maybe you too.

And we told that the amplifier was not Plug and Play...in the reality my brain is what is not Plug and play..... was hard that..i was reading and my hair starts to be pointing the sky...hummm, not fair..we were burning the "amplifier image"

Poor Dear Bora....he may be not so happy....this amplifier is old and tested..and i think that i was not fair enougth with Bora.

Reason why i would be happy to make my public apologize.

Sorry Bora.... i was not competent enougth.... the problems started exactly in that point.... i hope my real and humble apologizes will fix the problem and will re-open our communicating door.

regards,

Carlos

lets clear out things

i am sakis petropoulos and yes amplifier legend 4 and 8 was given to me from dr Bora for free and also given as request to operate in voltage from 56 to 66 vdc per rail

well this amplifier is working perfectly in voltage 40+40 volts but no matter how much i tried so far to operate at 66+66 volts i end up with burned mosfets burned speakers and a lot of smoke

i have grate respect for dr BORA and also his designes i am extremelly thankfull cause he gave this for free to me and also willing to help and suport me with alot of suport
enenthough we all very well know that he is in a difficult moment of his life ......

to my understanding maybe dr Bra missed that my rails are 66+66 volts and may be many things need to be chanched to operate at this voltage ....thats ok he done a lot so far and i know very well that may be he canot do more at the time so i asked help from all you forum guys and seems that after a long time i am getting somewhere .....

also didnt know that dr Bora was sick so i made posts saying that probably dr Bora didnt help me out i could neverthink that he might be in a hospital

I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT ......

but otherwise i never altered or chanched any of my request or the amplifier spece

sakis petropoulos

legend layouts

can anybody share the layouts for this amps.
i want to know the power of this amps in 8ohms.
what is the maximum power supply dcv for this amp.
which is better transistor for this?

Attachments

• LEGEND.JPG
    LEGEND.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 195
  • legend4rasp.gif
    legend4rasp.gif
    77.5 KB · Views: 205
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.