Bob Cordell's Power amplifier book

Mine just arrived, The graphics are way bigger, the book is a lot thicker than the 1st edition, it looks great! I 'll start reading it right now, congratulations Bob this is one hell of a book!

Thanks! My copies finally arrived today as well. First time I've seen it in print. I'm very pleased with the job they did. If you like it, I would deeply appreciate a few words in a review on Amazon :).

Cheers,
Bob

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Got this from Amazon when I enquired why my order that I placed in January had not shipped yet.

Hello,

I'm very sorry about the delay in sending your order.

In researching this situation, I found a problem that was preventing your order from shipping. We certainly didn't expect that this would happen.

Unfortunately, your order is still delayed. We're doing everything possible to correct this problem, but I'm not able to provide you with any new information about the status of your order.

Since your order is in stuck, we're unable to determine when your order will be shipped.

In this case, I suggest you to cancel the order and place a new order for this item with Priority International Shipping method.

When I tried to reply I got this....

>Greetings from Amazon.com.
>
>We're sorry. You've written to an address that cannot accept incoming
>e-mail. But that's OK-- this automated response will direct you to
>the right place at Amazon.com to answer your question or help you
>contact customer service if you need further assistance.

Last edited:
You get a free book like me :)

I had Purolator at the door today and I missed them, damn, they had a box for me, assume it was the book since I do not have anything else ordered.
Phoned Purolator and arranged for delivery tomorrow again and was advised to leave a note on my door, dated and authorizing them to leave the package without signature.
I looked at my Visa statements, I have not seen any charge to my account as of today.
Looked on Amazon.ca, selling the book through an number of channels, some with the 15% discount, some without, some being sold as used?
Rick

No free book for me :) high hopes for sure on that one, I get a free test from the drug company instead oh well.
I was hoping to get the book so I could show it along with the BC-1 & DH-220C design's that I put together, thanks to Bob. The Toronto DIYaudio meetup/BBQ is this Sunday. I'll show it anyways, I never did put any in a proper chassis, just show and tell, measurements, no music for now.
Anyone get to the new chapter 4 yet? It is a good read when it all comes together.

Last edited:
Noiseless resistors in LTSpice

In the latest version of his book, Bob shows using a transconductor to make a noiseless resistor. I had this vague notion that LTSpice had another way that I had used in the past...

This url describes appending the word noiseless after the resistor value to make a noiseless resistor.

Noise Analysis Using LTspice Tutorial

Sure enough...it works great! Lots of hidden stuff in LTSpice...

BTW Bob ---I'm certainly enjoying reading your latest magnum opus! Wow! Congrats!

Attachments

• NoiselessResistor.png
    NoiselessResistor.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 345
Large article in this morning (June 24) NYTimes describing the counterfeiting going on with Amazon books.

What Happens After Amazon’s Domination Is Complete? Its Bookstore Offers Clues - The New York Times

But Amazon takes a hands-off approach to what goes on in its bookstore, never checking the authenticity, much less the quality, of what it sells. It does not oversee the sellers who have flocked to its site in any organized way.
That has resulted in a kind of lawlessness. Publishers, writers and groups such as the Authors Guild said counterfeiting of books on Amazon had surged. The company has been reactive rather than proactive in dealing with the issue, they said, often taking action only when a buyer complains. Many times, they added, there is nowhere to appeal and their only recourse is to integrate even more closely with Amazon.