blown two zx 700.5s and two deq 9200a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
no, didn't have more than .001 on any channel, Yes the relay clicks in. Now that I have this thing mounted up, It is starting to blow the inline fuse. And makes a hissing sound out of the mosfet area. It won't let me keep it on long enough to determine exactly where it is from. Also the c15a gets really hot real quick. It gives me about 10 secs. before it blows the fuse.

Are all of the insulators in place between the transistors and the heatsink?

There are two screws with lockwashers that must be in place and tight. The washer is vitally important. Are these in place and tight?

Attachments

• IMG_7493x.jpg
    IMG_7493x.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7500x.jpg
    IMG_7500x.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 50
Perry, I am sure mine never had those washers on it. We do mercedes, bmw dash work and are very very careful when we take things apart. Mine has two plastic spacers installed that make sure the screw never touches bottom. I have installed the washers and it quit hissing and blowing fuses.

That !@#$%^& ipod is likely the cause. Try it with a standard head unit that's grounded to the same power supply as the amp. If the crossover is off, it should work properly (although I've seen kicker amps do some strange things on the second 2 channels when there was no shield ground connection to the first two channels).

The problem with the sub channel may be the same as it was for amp 2. Again, try it with a standard head unit.

If you don't have a standard head unit, short the shields of the sub channel to those of amp 1.

Lift the two transistors highlighted in the attached photo. Does it still go into protect mode?

When you lift them, apply enough solder to bridge the two adjacent legs so you can heat both at the same time. Apply heat and lift the transistor to a 30-45° angle. Remove the solder from those two legs and leave the transistor in place (see attached).

Make a note of the markings on the transistors before you try to desolder them.

Attachments

• IMG_7476x.jpg
    IMG_7476x.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 52
  • ttIMG_4386bx.jpg
    ttIMG_4386bx.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 44
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.