Bigbottle Phonostage Builders thread.

Ok, I'm back in business. My relays are flipped. I have been measuring against the HT ground so I am hoping nothing is damaged. I checked the heater pin's you mentioned patrickblue and I am getting 5 volts across all of them. Is this something to do with the Zenner?

Just looking at your photos again, R2P and R3P look as if they need more solder on one side.

Just looking at your photos again, R2P and R3P look as if they need more solder on one side.

The other side was fine but added some more for good measure. I switched out the zener now i am getting 7 volts at my heaters. I then plugged in the HT and got the following readings on my caps:

C4P - 243v
C5P - 134v
C7P - 133.7v
C8P - 133v

I was not getting any voltage between pins 1 and 6.

Ah, yes. Thank you.

It looks very nice. Was it easy to apply?
Hey,
I tried to contact them via Email and sadly I did not get a reply... But I found these guys that make custom various signs too. They replied fast and sent me my sign in a week. I think you may find a better one online, but this one was really fine. Check them out: https://www.marktek.co.uk/

Reactions: 1 user
it's a long time since i built it, and am in the process of moving house, so as luck would have it the phonostage is 150 miles away, otherwise I could check R7L&R. From what I remember they are as per original BOM.

As for the LEDs, yellow seems to be what you should use according to post 863 in this thread, although when I built mine the BOM at the time said red or yellow, and I used red with no apparent issues.

Edit:
Just remembered I used multifet PCBs on my build, and R7L&R were replaced by wire links

Last edited: