Bigbottle Phonostage Builders thread.

The zener has been changed to 2V to give 7V on the heaters. Only Philips valves are 7.6V, my bad for the original spec.

The secondary for the heaters should be rated at 1A.
Patrick what voltage do you have on the 3300uF C3P?

Alan, I've just realised there isn't a C3P. The reading I gave was C1P, which is the 3300uF 25v cap. Am I right in assuming that was a typo?

Am I right in thinking that the fault can only be between the LV input, which is ok, and the voltage regulator.
Which is D1P, D2P C1P, the 2v zener and R1P (very appropriate). Is there anything else.
Also, are there any particular specs for the 2v zener, as there's no Mouser or Farnell reference in the BOM. It's certainly a 2v .5w that I'm using, but should there be anything special about it.

Am I right in thinking that the fault can only be between the LV input, which is ok, and the voltage regulator.
Which is D1P, D2P C1P, the 2v zener and R1P (very appropriate). Is there anything else.
Also, are there any particular specs for the 2v zener, as there's no Mouser or Farnell reference in the BOM. It's certainly a 2v .5w that I'm using, but should there be anything special about it.

With regulator desoldered, zener diode and resistor should not make any difference. You can lift one side of resistor just to be sure. If I remember correctly, resistor is on Vout side of regulator. Not sure 100%.

4007 is 1000v, 4002, 100v.
That will work ok?

Yes, no problem.

Last edited:
Pic

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 129