Best sounded cheap RCA and Speaker binding post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are quite convinced of your opinion. That does not take away what I noticed. Why would I need to supply you data ? Are you an Excel fetishist ?

The only thing I'm convinced of is actual data. Considering we have mountains of data that tell us RCA jack differences are inaudible, you do not get to call what I say opinion. What I'm saying is backed up by decades of evidence in the form of failed ABX tests, (making it a fact) while what you are saying isn't backed up by even a single successful ABX test, which makes it heresy.

If asking people to prove bizarre claims in an effort to keep nonsense out of audio discourse turns me into an excel fetishist, then so be it. Continuing to make claim after claim after claim, while accompanying it with zero evidence is harmful to the community, especially those who might just be starting out.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Although I trust my measuring equipment I can hear differences in caps too. I build many equal devices with different parts (except for the resistors and semis) and can hear differences while they all measure good. I can try to catch data on that but till now I did not succeed so I accept it as a side-effect and enjoy the benefits.

Maybe it is something like taste. Try to define that in numbers.

Last edited:
I repeat again I believe in measurements. I never mentioned soundstage, prat, velvety, woody, sweet, whatever.

Te repito de nuevo que yo creo en las medidas. Yo nunca he mencionado escena, aterciopelado, cuerpo, dulce, etc.

I never said you mentioned them, but you refer to subjective "parameters", of which those are examples.

And I mentioned some subjective parameters to compare them to objective (physical, measurable) ones.

In a discussion it is licit to compare something to its opposite, to make clear what we are talking about.

Basic Logic.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I am ready to make an ABX experiment involving 2 different metal CONNECTORS (what this thread is about) and let YOU reliably pick different sounding ones.
By ear, of course, and without looking ;)

By the way, 50% "success" is not success at all but plain average.

I would be impressed by 75% success, go figure.:eek:

I don't ask you for 100% success, that shows what a kind and open guy I am :p

It's very easy to say always sound the same.

Although I trust my measuring equipment I can hear differences in caps too. I can try to catch data on that but till now I did not succeed so I accept it as a side-effect and enjoy the benefits.

Maybe it is something like taste. Try to define that in numbers.

You don't really need to capture any measurements, all you would have to do to illustrate any truth in a claim would be to successfully hear a difference while not using your eyes.

Just download audio diffmaker

Record one file using some fancy Faberge RCA jacks, then record the second file using a wal-mart RCA jack, or even a coat hanger. When the program inverts the phase of one of the recordings and the result sums to anything audible, congratulations, you get to be correct, and at the same time cause a revolution in audio gear. Yay.

When the resulting audio recordings sum to NULL and you hear only silence and there's nothing on the spectrum analysis above -90db, you're welcome, you can sell your Kimber Kables (like I did) and spend that money on a fat stack of CDs or something.

If you state all RCA connectors sounds the same probe and give data and ABX test supporting your statement. I don't trust only in measurements or only in my ears.
Sorry but :

1) measurements support that different connectors do not behave electrically different (so they sound the same if audio signal passes through them)

2) our ears (by the way many pairs) say that different connectors sound the same.

1) and 2) match and reinforce each other, strong proof that they are right.

to that you oppose that

3) to your ears they sound different.

4) what is supported by: >________________< ("_____" means "empty space")

so if it were a Football match we'd be winning :D

same even if it were NOT a Football match ;)

to put it in other way: you claim something (so far so good), and then supply incredibly thin and weak arguments to support it.

Not forgetting that we always say the same, about measurements, transparency, repeatability, etc. while you have alrady presented dozens of different unrelated arguments (with probably more to come :sad: )

No one stated this.

And good thing too, so the people who have claims to prove can do so easily with the gear they have available, at any time.

All you need is audio diffmaker, a sound card, and two RCA cables to compare.

Or are people actually making the even dumber claim that a fancy RCA jack somehow adds something to the signal that wasn't there and can't be cancelled by phase inversion?

You said subjective is fake?

If I can prove that something you claim is subjective by ABX testing and proving it doesn't exist, or even worse, that I can reverse your decision by tricking you, then yes, subjective opinions about audio gear is meaningless..and impossible to measure, even if someone wanted to try something so stupid as to assign some kind of number to subjective opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.