Best sounded cheap RCA and Speaker binding post

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about contact enhancers like Caig, Tweak, Stabilant , Kontak? Are they also traveling medicine stuff for some?

They can and do work by removing dirt and contamination and establishing a stable low-resistance contact. This follows simple principles of Chemistry and Physics.

I am not aware of any data that shows such products magically improve sound-stage, PRAT and all that jazz.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Just read this thread and I guess I am on the audiophile side too as I can hear differences while the measuring does not indicate a difference. Expensive does not say much but for instance NOS Hirschmann banana plugs and jacks sound better than the modern chinese gold plated ones. I noticed this several times and stick to the Hirschmann ones without any further thoughts. It won't hurt.

As a sidenote: I recently tried a new device but I left the original power cable in its seal. I used an existing one and the device sounded good. As I put the device in in the audiorack I used the supplied cable and the device sounded less good or let's call it different. I again plugged one of the existing cables in and sound was better to my ears. Strange. Since I have several new cables I decided to cut and open the supplied one for science. It turns out to be a fake copper cable. If you twist the cable it will come back to its original position like a spring. The wire can not be soldered as solder simply falls off. I guess it is crimped in the connectors but it was faster in the dustbin than the thought of sawing those open. Couldn't measure the exact resistance as it is too low for my equipment but I doubt such low ohmic values have any influence on a 230V 6W device. Go figure....

Last edited:
Just read this thread and I guess I am on the audiophile side too as I can hear differences while the measuring does not indicate a difference. Expensive does not say much but for instance NOS Hirschmann banana plugs sound better than the modern chinese gold plated ones. I noticed this several times and stick to the Hirschmann ones. It won't hurt.

As a sidenote: I recently tried a new device but I left the original power cable in its seal. I used an existing one and the device sounded good. As I put the device in in the audiorack I used the supplied cable and the device sounded less good. I again took one of the existing cables and sound was better. Strange. Since I have several new cables I decided to cut and open the supplied one for science. It turns out to be a fake copper cable. If you twist the cable it will come back to its original position. Couldn't measure the exact resistance as it is too low for my equipment. Go figure....

Yay, more anecdotal evidence completely devoid of data. We're on the right track for another thrilling thread full of information and data it seems.

Are you ready to make the ABX test with two different measured amps and said wich one is better as per measurements?
I am ready to make an ABX experiment involving 2 different metal CONNECTORS (what this thread is about) and let YOU reliably pick different sounding ones.
By ear, of course, and without looking ;)

By the way, 50% "success" is not success at all but plain average.

I would be impressed by 75% success, go figure.:eek:

I don't ask you for 100% success, that shows what a kind and open guy I am :p

Status
Not open for further replies.