Best electrolytic capacitors

Slit Foils have very positive comments and they not expensive in comparison with the T-Nets
T-Nets have great midrange not as dynamic as Mundorfs but could be preferable depending on the taste.
Sikorels have no weaknesses unlike the other mentioned above. It's not that they are not great but it's best to fit them in the proper place while Sikorels leaves you with no complain in every instance. I have not heard any big difference with Rifa 169 but no serious A/B comparison with the later two.

Sikorels leaves you with no complain in every instance. I have not heard any big difference with Rifa 169 but no serious A/B comparison with the later two.

I find a significant difference between the two.

The problem is the PEH169 are not very consistent depending on year of manufacture or voltage. Some are much heavier and you can hear liquid sloshing around when you shake them. At least some of them sound a bit too bright for my taste.

Neither are the Sikorel consistent, the older models sound considerably different.

If you like the Mlytics chances are neither the Sikorel nor the Rifa would be very appealing.

I find a significant difference between the two.

The problem is the PEH169 are not very consistent depending on year of manufacture or voltage. Some are much heavier and you can hear liquid sloshing around when you shake them. At least some of them sound a bit too bright for my taste.

Neither are the Sikorel consistent, the older models sound considerably different.

If you like the Mlytics chances are neither the Sikorel nor the Rifa would be very appealing.

Which would be the types you would recommend?

They also, in a way, slow down the attack on the waveforms.

I've a Marantz amp from the late 90s here in my home office - it's full of them and I would never get the idea and say it sounds like slowing down the attack on the waveforms. Also nearly all amplifiers from Audionet use them on their boards. And they're some of the best and most dynamic things I've ever heart as a non-diy amplifier :confused:.

For the input signal path cap, I follow John Curl's recommendation. The a tube like sound coloration using audio purpose capacitor.
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/129/rfs_e-606.pdf

I do not actually agree with this statement across the board. The Silmic caps present a coloration to the audio signal whether they are used as a power supply filter cap or a DC signal blocking cap. In both instances, they provide a tube like sound coloration. They also, in a way, slow down the attack on the waveforms. I stopped using the Silmics a long time ago and just recently replaced some Silmic DC signal caps with the Nichicon MUSE bipolar. The MUSE were much more transparent and uncolored.

Those who love the Silmics will love them for their sound. Others will not like these caps at all.
What is "a tube like sound coloration"? Truncated bandwidth? Reduced odd harmonic distortion? Increased even harmonic distortion? What can a passive cap do to an audio signal? We want one with acceptable non-linear distortion at reasonable price. Does the Silmic have excessive non-linear distortion? What makes it sound non-transparent?

Any link to a study on this subject will be greatly appreciated. If the MUSE bipolar is better, I want to try it too and understand how it works.

Personally, I think the end product whether preamp or power amp should be neutral but I also strongly believe that "audiophile" preamps ought to have tone controls that can be switched out for the simple reason that we all agree room influence constitutes more than 50% of what we hear.

50% is not only significant that is HUGE so why cast away the "un-audiophile" bass, mid and trebel controls more so if these can be bypassed? Audiophiles like to talk about truth yet ignore the reality of the elephant THAT'S the room.

Time to get real.

Personally, I think the end product whether preamp or power amp should be neutral but I also strongly believe that "audiophile" preamps ought to have tone controls that can be switched out for the simple reason that we all agree room influence constitutes more than 50% of what we hear.

50% is not only significant that is HUGE so why cast away the "un-audiophile" bass, mid and trebel controls more so if these can be bypassed? Audiophiles like to talk about truth yet ignore the reality of the elephant THAT'S the room.

Time to get real.

i always go back to real live music as reference, how a drum roll sounds, viola bass sounds and all the others, woodwinds, brass and percussion instruments....then i compare them to what i hear i my speakers....guess what?, real life always win....